Old September 5th 15, 09:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default GE 7 2990 Shortwave Tuner Trouble

On Tuesday, October 15, 2013 at 9:44:09 AM UTC-5, crunch65 wrote:
I repaired mine after the gear cracked. The process is to eliminate the
gear with the result of a bit faster tuning unless you replace the
tuning dial with a gear reduction type built into the dial. All it takes
is some TV Radio cement and a phillips screw drive Do a private message
to me with an email and I will send you the step by step process I used
that by passes that little gear. Glenn WØLUS

--
crunch65

Would you mind sharing your fix with me as well? Thanks sir.

MrVault
Old December 8th 18, 10:33 PM
Junior Member

share ge 7-2990a repair with me
Old February 24th 20, 05:57 AM
Junior Member

Love to see that repair info if you still have it!

-greg
Old August 29th 20, 11:54 PM
Junior Member

Another visitor looking for help with the 2990A tuning mechanism. I'm looking at a split gear with a broken tooth. I can file down the shaft and glue the split, but I may fail with the tooth, so I'd like to have a backup plan that avoids the pinion gear altogether.

RCI-2990 Ten Meter Radio Hamradioaddict Swap 0 February 22nd 09 03:45 AM
FA: MFJ-956 SW/MW/LW Shortwave Antenna Tuner / Preselector giltay Shortwave 1 January 7th 08 07:13 AM
FS: Ranger RCI-2990 Justin CB 0 March 11th 05 03:37 PM
FS: RCI 2990 The Tube Man CB 2 July 11th 03 10:58 PM
FS: RCI 2990 The Tube Man Swap 0 July 11th 03 04:33 AM