Old March 3rd 09, 01:15 AM
Junior Member

Default Hygain 623 (Utopia)

Any info on this early PLL rig? I have two and some parts from a third and would like to begin restoration, not far to go with rebuild the two!
The 623 is a 23 channel AM/SSB CB transceiver with discrete PLL (several early descrete chips) and is somewhat modifiable. Has multi turn voice lock, single 12JT6A final with about 15 watts out (PEP).
Attached Thumbnails
Hygain 623 (Utopia)-623a.jpg
Old March 3rd 09, 09:37 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

"mechanic" wrote in message

Any info on this early PLL rig? I have two and some parts from a third
and would like to begin restoration, not far to go with rebuild the
two!
The 623 is a 23 channel AM/SSB CB transceiver with discrete PLL
(several early descrete chips) and is somewhat modifiable. Has multi
turn voice lock, single 12JT6A final with about 15 watts out (PEP).

Although I have never been involved with CB, the Utopia is a very nice
looking rig- patterned after the Hy Gain GT amateur series. I have often
thought it would make a fine 10M vintage rig.
Sorry, no info on the "innards"

Dale W4OP

Old March 3rd 09, 10:56 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Check Peter M. TheManualMan.com website. He might have
the manual...

Pete

Old May 29th 16, 02:47 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors

Mechanic

Do you have a extra power transformer I have a hygain 623 and need one m6 radio works good but power transformer is bad... thanks for any help I'd love to get this radio going my dad had one in the day said it was a awesome radio.

HYgain 18-AVT Harry H Antenna 10 December 27th 08 04:14 AM
Hygain AV-18S VK2KCE Antenna 0 November 16th 07 04:23 AM
Hygain TH7-DX, Andy Swap 0 November 12th 06 02:36 AM
FS: Hy-Gain 623 Utopia U_Need_This CB 2 September 22nd 04 12:23 PM
wtb:hygain 280 Howard Kowall Swap 0 November 25th 03 04:35 PM