Old October 23rd 16, 02:41 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default Looking For A Photograph

Somewhere during my ham life I saw a photo of some hams ground
system which consisted of a ground rod stuck into a flower pot.
Very humorous to say the list. It'll always get a laugh.
I've searched high and low but cannot remember where I saw it,
nor can Google Images find it. Does anyone have a copy of it
around? I'd sure like to have one. Thanks in advance for any
assistance.

Irv VE6BP
Old October 23rd 16, 04:02 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
RJG RJG is offline

On Sat, 22 Oct 2016 18:41:36 -0700 (PDT), Irv Finkleman wrote:

Somewhere during my ham life I saw a photo of some hams ground
system which consisted of a ground rod stuck into a flower pot.
Very humorous to say the list. It'll always get a laugh.
I've searched high and low but cannot remember where I saw it,
nor can Google Images find it. Does anyone have a copy of it
around? I'd sure like to have one. Thanks in advance for any
assistance.

Irv VE6BP

Sounds simple enough to duplicate unless I'm missing something. If you remember
it well enough, you should be able to reconstruct it if no one can find it for
you. You may even think of ways to make it funnier.

Just a thought.

Bob KB2ZGN
Old November 5th 16, 12:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On 2016-10-23, Irv Finkleman wrote:
Somewhere during my ham life I saw a photo of some hams ground
system which consisted of a ground rod stuck into a flower pot.
Very humorous to say the list. It'll always get a laugh.
I've searched high and low but cannot remember where I saw it,
nor can Google Images find it. Does anyone have a copy of it
around? I'd sure like to have one. Thanks in advance for any
assistance.

Irv VE6BP

There was a drawing of a ham with the microphone in his hand and his equipment ground
connected to a flower pot. It appeared in QST around 1971.

I'll post the drawing if I find it.

Alejandro Lieber
LU1FCR
Old November 5th 16, 02:28 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

I would sure appreciate it if you can find it! Thanks for
your effort!

Irv VE6BP
Old November 5th 16, 09:54 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

On Fri, 4 Nov 2016 18:28:06 -0700 (PDT), Irv Finkleman
wrote:

I would sure appreciate it if you can find it! Thanks for
your effort!

Irv VE6BP

You have a flower pot? If not borrow one.
You have a camera? If not, borrow one.

w.