Old November 4th 16, 05:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.moderated,rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default [VA3QV] Busy but still finding time for radio

VA3QV's Weblog

Busy but still finding time for radio

https://va3qv.wordpress.com/2016/11/...ime-for-radio/

It seems that there is lots more to do after buying a trailer once you have
signed the check for the dealer Â*Lots of running around to do and I have
not found a vehicle to tow it with yet OH Well

Anyway I did manage to make a few contacts in W1Land, W4Land and W9Land all
in JT65 whenever I could sneak back into my shack Â*No New ones but the
contacts were appreciated never the less

All this talking about new campers had me daydreaming about our first real
camper which we had in the late 1990s when the girls were a lot smaller and
we could all fit into a Pickup truck with a slide in camper.

The above pic was taken in `2001 if I remember correctly. Â*It shows my
daughters and myself at Coco Beach Fl where we spent about 3 weeks in the
sun (and rain). Â*

We spent a while at Â*campgrounds doing all the Theme Parks and the
like, Â*then spent a few days doing the beachcomber thing and was able to
camp on the beach Had an eastern view and I can remember sitting on the
beach watching the sun rise over the ocean while drinking my morning coffee
and it still brings a smile to my face. It will happen again in the near
future

Liz was there with us and was behind the camera for the shot. Â*The shot
itself was taken with a non digital camera and so explains the obivious
when you looked at it

A few of you have commented via various media about what VA3QV/p actually
looks like Well the following video is about the best I can do Â*Right make
and model but mine is a 1999 and the one in video is a bit newer but all
the pieces seem the same and the interior is almost the same Â*Till I get it
behind my new (to me) pickup truck this will have to do

So what do ya think?

Anyway back to radio for a bit..

We have the CQ WW DXÂ*ContestÂ* coming up in a few weeks

CW: November 26 – 27, 2016
Starts: 0000 UTC Saturday Â* Â* Ends: 2359 UTC Sunday
For more info please check the CQ Website (above link)

Â*
We have the ARRL Sweepstakes: Â*The CW is this weekend

CW:Â*First full weekend in November (November 5-7, 2016).

Phone: Third full weekend in November (November 19-21, 2016).

For more info check the ARRL Website (above link)

And in addition this weekend we have the following event:

3.5-14 Â* RSGB International Sprint,SSB Ph Â*www.rsgbcc.org/hf

Sometimes what you can do from North America over to Europe can amaze you

80m ssb is doable if you have some skill and lots of luck

and a decent antenna would not hurt either

As we approach the weekend I get reminded that its family time and not
radio time so later this afternoon the power to the shack gets cut till I
can get back on Monday some time

However from what I am (not) hearing so far on Friday am it might be an
early spot to the weekend not sure if the conditions are bad but I did
check outside and the wire is still up in the treeI can understand some
stations not hearing 2w and a wire but when the excellent rcv section of
the Flex 1500 cant hear much!!! It has wondering

And just as I type the above lines I notice that on PSK Reporter my signal
gets spotted by VK3AMA on 30m. Â* Close to Melbourne Australia. Â*He could
hear me But no QSOs just a few spots Â*

Trying 20m as Im hearing some activity startingÂ*but again no joy. Will try
again later this afternoon Â*If I dont get you in the log

Enjoy your weekend and CU on Monday

73bob