Old July 2nd 03, 02:48 PM
Rob Kemp

Default Save our shortwave from white noise at S9 – stop BPL/PLC

Save our shortwave from white noise at S9 – stop BPL/PLC

Comments are due on or before July 7, 2003. The FCC now is accepting
electronically filed comments via its Electronic Comment Filing System
(ECFS).

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/upload_v2.cgi

In the "Proceeding" field, enter "03-104" and complete the required
fields. Comments may be typed into a form or you may attach a file
containing your comments.

Full details are here;
http://www.arrl.org/news/features/2003/06/19/2/?nc=1

Many good comments have been filed, some you may like to review are
here;
Links may have line wrapped – cut and paste in two parts or visit;
http://www.eham.net/articles/5876

IEEE comment
http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/r...t=6514283 353

North American Shortwave Association
http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/r...t=6514282 987

Ham - good overview
http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/r...t=6514156 997

Aura communications
http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/r...t=6514282 951

Amherst Alliance
http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/r...t=6514147 416

More information on this issue can be found at:
http://www.eham.net/articles/5769
Old July 2nd 03, 06:23 PM
Dan/W4NTI

According to what I heard on the RSGB site...it ain't gonna be white noise.
Its gonna be high levels of carriers all over the spectrum. As high as 30/9
withing 30 feet of a source. Inside and outside the houses.

Dan/W4NTI

om...

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/r...pdf&id_documen
t=6514283353

North American Shortwave Association

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/r...pdf&id_documen
t=6514282987

Ham - good overview

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/r...pdf&id_documen
t=6514156997

Aura communications

http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/r...pdf&id_documen
t=6514282951

Amherst Alliance

Old July 4th 03, 04:02 PM
Rob Kemp

And if you do decide to try and operate, BPL is sensitive to ham
transmissions. When you shut down Internet access for blocks and the
power company blames you the "social" consequences will be huge.

"Dan/W4NTI" wrote in message ...
According to what I heard on the RSGB site...it ain't gonna be white noise.
Its gonna be high levels of carriers all over the spectrum. As high as 30/9
withing 30 feet of a source. Inside and outside the houses.

Dan/W4NTI

om...