Old October 20th 03, 12:26 PM
charlesb

"Jeff Camp" wrote in message
news:5OJkb.21408$iq3.18773@okepread01...

And speaking of obsolete systems, where would I buy a copy of DOS if I
wanted to run FBB? I haven't seen one for almost 10 years.

I didn't say it was newer, I said it was more reliable and did not require
so much tinkering. You can get copiies of DOS all over the place. Try an
interenet search, or get somebody to show you how to do one.

Charles Brabham, N5PVL

Old October 20th 03, 12:33 PM
Gene Storey

Oh ****! You made the "Director" mad...

"charlesb" wrote

Charles Brabham, N5PVL
Director: USPacket.Net

Old October 20th 03, 12:33 PM
Gene Storey

Oh ****! You made the "Director" mad...

"charlesb" wrote

Charles Brabham, N5PVL
Director: USPacket.Net

Old October 20th 03, 12:37 PM
charlesb

I'm kind of disgusted, but not really "mad". The guy is an insect, annoying
but nothing to get upset about.

Charles Brabham, N5PVL

"Gene Storey" wrote in message
Oh ****! You made the "Director" mad...

"charlesb" wrote

Charles Brabham, N5PVL
Director: USPacket.Net

Old October 20th 03, 01:41 PM
Jeff Camp

Yeah, I'm in real trouble now.

Charles, why don't you join us in the 21st century? It's attitudes like
yours that have made ham radio just a "curiosity" rather than a community of
dedicated experimenters who develop new communications technology before the
commercial interests can do it. If I'm an insect, then you're an antique.

As for HF forwarding I guess we'll wait and see. I'll attempt to get back
into HF forwarding once my VHF, UHF and microwave links are back up.

73,
Jeff
N0WJP

Old October 20th 03, 03:15 PM
Hank Oredson

"Jeff Camp" wrote in message
Yeah, I'm in real trouble now.

Charles, why don't you join us in the 21st century? It's attitudes like
yours that have made ham radio just a "curiosity" rather than a community of
dedicated experimenters who develop new communications technology before the
commercial interests can do it. If I'm an insect, then you're an antique.

Ah yes! The dedicated Land Line Lid!
Spouting the same drivel and lies they all do.

"Why not advance ham radio by using the internet instead of radio!"
Sir, you are an idiot.

--

... Hank

Hank: http://horedson.home.att.net
W0RLI: http://w0rli.home.att.net

Old October 20th 03, 06:42 PM
tim gorman

Jeff,

I'm not familar with JNOS but this sounds like a routing problem.

Does each local user have their own mail queue? Under linux, each user has a
file under /var/spool/mail. Mail coming into the box is transferred into a
file under /var/spool/mail by the sendmail program. Sendmail looks up each
destination address in an 'aliases' file (/etc/aliases or
/etc/mail/aliases), if it isn't found there it is written into a file in
the /var/spool/mail directory. The file is given the name of the
destination address (i.e. the local user). If it is found in the aliases
file, the real name stored in the aliases file is substituted for the
destination address and then the message is written into the correct file
under the /var/spool/mail directory.

It sounds like you either have no program like sendmail looking at the
incoming mail queue in order to deliver it locally or your local users are
not defined to the linux system.

Does JNOS have a mail transport agent process that perhaps isn't getting
started? Are all local users defined properly?

I hope this gives you a place to start.

Tim ab0wr

Jeff Camp wrote:

I'm in the process of installing JNOS 111f for Linux and have run into a
problem. When a user sends a message to another local user, the system
responds with a "Msg queued" message, but the message is never delivered.
If I log in as Sysop, I can't see any messages. If I look in the
/spool/mqueue I can see all the messages sitting there.

Anyone have any suggestions on where to start?

Thanks,
Jeff
N0WJP

Inverted ground plane antenna: compared with normal GP and low dipole. Serge Stroobandt, ON4BAA Antenna 8 February 24th 11 11:22 PM
money!!! [email protected] Antenna 0 January 3rd 05 10:49 PM
money!!! [email protected] Antenna 0 January 3rd 05 07:07 PM