Old March 21st 04, 07:44 AM
Dave Platt

Default Control signals for Kenwood remote antenna tuner?

The Kenwood TS-2000 and several other Kenwood HF transceives have a
six-pin Molex connector, to which a Kenwood AT-300 external antenna
tuner can be connected.

From what I can see in the TS-2000 schematic, this Molex connector
appears to have five active pins - power, chassis ground, analog
ground, and what appear to be two data signals TT and TS which are
routed to the control board. These appear to be bidirectional
signals, both read and driven by IC8's GPIO pins.

Does anyone have any information on the actual signalling protocols
used on these pins? I'm assuming that there are signals corresponding
to "tuner is present", "tune now", "tuned", "failed to tune", and
"bypass", but haven't been able to find documentation anywhere.

advTHANKSance for any information!

--
Dave Platt AE6EO