Old July 25th 05, 08:47 PM
123a 456a

Default 40/80 meters isnt any better then cb 11 meters if not worse

I have been listening in to 40 and 80 meters i see no diiference then 11
meter nets. These guys swearing more then 11 meters hell one guy didnt
catch his call was using an echo master with roger beep tones on his
Icom..What a bunch of clowns..These nets wouldnt let some others in who
were calling saying they were weak and didnt belong with the big boys..
It's amazin thousand of dollars for equipment and they sound and act
worse then many cbers..

Old July 25th 05, 10:02 PM

I certainly agree with you! I've been away from 11m for a few years,
but often listened to shortwave (75m), and you've summed it up
perfectly. I figure, the populus goes where the conditions (skip) allow
the best, and thus, you get the ultimate sampling of the personality of
most people out there. I grew up on walkie talkies, and then my first
CB radio in the mid 1960's, so at least I got to experience a time when
communications were decent!

Old July 25th 05, 10:18 PM
Steveo

"Kevin, WB5RUE" wrote:
Troll, Troll, Troll your net....

"123a 456a" wrote in message
I have been listening in to 40 and 80 meters i see no diiference then
11 meter nets. These guys swearing more then 11 meters hell one guy
didnt catch his call was using an echo master with roger beep tones on
his Icom..What a bunch of clowns..These nets wouldnt let some others in
who were calling saying they were weak and didnt belong with the big
boys.. It's amazin thousand of dollars for equipment and they sound and
act worse then many cbers..

News==---- http://www.newsfeeds.com The #1 Newsgroup Service in the
World! 120,000+ Newsgroups ----= East and West-Coast Server Farms - Total
Privacy via Encryption =----

What?

--
http://NewsReader.Com/

Old July 26th 05, 05:48 AM
123a 456a

troll? what guess the truth hurts

Old July 26th 05, 08:56 PM
Jim Hampton

"123a 456a" wrote in message
I have been listening in to 40 and 80 meters i see no diiference then 11
meter nets. These guys swearing more then 11 meters hell one guy didnt
catch his call was using an echo master with roger beep tones on his
Icom..What a bunch of clowns..These nets wouldnt let some others in who
were calling saying they were weak and didnt belong with the big boys..
It's amazin thousand of dollars for equipment and they sound and act
worse then many cbers..

I've never found any problem on 75 meters. BTW, 75 meters implies something
other than 80 meters. Ever. I doubt any licensed amateur would care to use
any echo as it simply degrades your intelligibility. I've run across a few
lids, but *very* few. None on 75 or 160.

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim AA2QA