Old December 10th 16, 11:35 PM posted to rec.radio.broadcasting,rec.radio.info

Default RadioInsight for Saturday 10 December 2016

RadioInsight

Rick Everett Named iHeartMedia North Florida RVP/Programming As Chris
Kampmeier Retires

https://radioinsight.com/blog/headli...meier-retires/

Chris Kampmeier has announced his retirement as iHeartMedia North Florida
Regional VP/Programming as of December 31.

Kampmeier has been with iHearts Orlando cluster since 1996 starting as
Program Director for Hot Talk Real Radio 104.1 WTKS. He also served as the
final Program Director of Country 103.5 WYNY New York from 1994-96 and
VP/Programming for Transtar/Westwood One during his career.

Replacing Kampmeier as VP/Programming for the Central/North Florida region
will be current Sports 96.9 The Game 740 WYGM/96.9 W245CL and Rock 101.1
WJRR PD Rick Everett. He has programmed WJRR since November 2006 and has
been with the Orlando cluster since 1997.

iHeartMedia announced today that noted programming veteran Chris Kampmeier
will retire on December 31, 2016. The company has named Rick Everett as
Kampmeier’s replacement, effective January 1, 2017.

Kampmeier has over 45 years of experience in the radio industry and most
recently served as the Regional VP of Programming for iHeartMedia’s North
Florida Region. He also worked as the SVP of Programming for
iHeartMedia-Orlando for 20 years, as well as PD for WYNY/New York City and
VP of Programming for Transtar/Unistar in Los Angeles. Kampmeier’s
background also includes working as a PD at WDAE-AM/Tampa, WPLR/New Haven,
KESZ/Phoenix and KMGR/Salt Lake City.

iHeartMedia’s North Florida station brands are recognized as industry
leaders in ratings, digital, revenue, profit and innovation, said
Kampmeier. Going out on my own terms and on top is a good thing! My
partnership with our amazing executive team has been deeply satisfying and
I am grateful for their support over the years. My biggest honor has been
to serve alongside the programmers and air talent, and the wondrous
creativity they bring every day. I am proud to have been a radio man for
the last 47 years and am excited for the long term future of our industry.

We’re going to miss Chris deeply, said Linda Byrd, President for
iHeartMedia’s North Florida Region. He’s been my work husband for over 17
years. By most accounts, we have the top five stations in both ratings and
revenue in the Orlando market, which is an accomplishment that wouldn’t
have happened without Chris.

As the new Region VP of Programming, Everett will work with radio station
personalities and program directors to oversee on-air content and music
programming for all 41 radio station brands across eight markets in the
North Florida Region.

Everett has worked with iHeartMedia-Orlando for 19 years, most recently
serving as PD for 101.1 WJRR and 96.9 The Game, and Director of Marketing
and Promotions for the Orlando market. His experience also includes various
programming and promotions positions in Jacksonville.

I’m grateful to the amazing team at iHeartMedia Orlando and I’m excited we
will continue working together, said Everett. I want to thank Linda Byrd
and Gene Romano for this incredible opportunity, and I’m especially
grateful to Chris for his mentorship over the last 19 years, which helped
make this opportunity possible. I look forward to working with the North
Florida Region to continue its track record of success, and bring our radio
station brands to new heights!

With change comes opportunity, continued Byrd. Rick has been in training
for this job a long time. He is a natural, having worked side by side with
me and the Orlando team for over 19 years. He is trusted and respected by
everyone in our building. I’m lucky to have him on the bench and can’t wait
to see how he embraces this new position.