Old October 11th 06, 01:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Default Here is how we can end all the silly antenna questions on the repeaters and on usenet.

wrote in
oups.com:

Slow Code wrote:
wrote in
ups.com:

Slow Code wrote:

Could you pass all the tests again today, or would you have to study
a little first?

I could pass them all again, no study needed. And that goes for
written, Morse Code receiving and Morse Code sending.

Bring out any FCC amateur radio license test from Novice to Extra,
from any time since I first got my license in 1967, and I'll pass it.
I'll probably even be able to pass tests from long before I was
licensed, too.

Every so often I try an online practice exam, just to be sure. No
problem.

BUT

I don't see any reason to require routine retesting of hams who
haven't broken the rules. FCC trusts us to keep current - that's part
of the "conditions of grant".

FCC currently uses retesting as a sort of enforcement tool - if
someone acts like they don't know what the rules are, or if there is
some doubt as to whether a test session was on the up-and-up, FCC
will sometimes require a specific retest.

If you demand that all hams be retested, what you're telling FCC is
that we cannot be trusted to keep up with the rules. Is that a good
thing?

FCC doesn't require routine retesting of commercial licenses - why
should they require it of amateurs?

Everything has been dumbed down, not just ham licenses.

I don't think so.

We can't have
skills anymore in america, everyone has to be equal.

Where do you get that idea?

Equality of opportunity, yes. That's not the same thing as equality of
result.

That's what happens
when liberals get to make & change policy. Too many liberals in
government.

Either you don't know your history, or you've got some weird definition
of "liberal".

For example:

Were JFK and LBJ "liberals"? It was under their administrations that we
got the rules changes known as "incentive licensing".

Were Ronald Reagan and George H. W. Bush "liberals"? It was under their
administrations that we got:

- FCC exams replaced by VEC exams

- Openly published question pools

- End of Morse Code sending test

- General/Tech written test split in two parts so that Techs did not
have same written as Generals

- Medical waivers for 13 and 20 wpm code tests (Bush "asked" FCC for
this directly, as a favor to a King that was a ham)

- Technician lost its code test

Is George "Dubya" Bush a "liberal"? Under his administration, we got:

- FCC support for BPL

- ITU treaty changed to eliminate wording requiring code test.

- NPRM proposing complete elimination of code test

Now - are all those folks reducing the requirements "liberals"?

It's the state of that nation. Everyone's got to have their handout.
Outcome based licensing. Can't have both quality and quantity anymore.

SC
Old October 11th 06, 02:08 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.swap

Slow Code wrote:
wrote in
oups.com:

Slow Code wrote:
wrote in
ups.com:

Slow Code wrote:

[...]

Which nation?

Everyone's got to have their handout.
Outcome based licensing. Can't have both quality and quantity anymore.

SC

You blamed it on "liberals". But look at who was in charge when all
those reductions in requirements came about.

Old October 12th 06, 02:00 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

wrote in
oups.com:

Slow Code wrote:
wrote in
oups.com:

Slow Code wrote:
wrote in
ups.com:

Slow Code wrote:

[...]

I emailed President Bush he should kick out all the Bill Clinton Liberals
in the FCC after he got elected, but he didn't. I can't blame him though
because he choose to tackle the terrorist mess Bill Clintoon left the
country instead. I feel a lot safer now than I did under Clinton, and the
economy is better too.

I just wish all you people would take a stand against dumbing things down
any further. If it continues, it going to make hams irrelevant and our
bands will sound like CB.

SC
Old October 12th 06, 03:19 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 01:00:57 GMT, Blow a Toad spake
thusly:

I just wish all you people would take a stand against dumbing things down
any further. If it continues, it going to make hams irrelevant and our
bands will sound like CB.

Right now, CB is totally dead. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

Behavior like yours will push ham that way too. Who wants to be
associated with the likes of you?
--

(Jim, single dad to Lesleigh [Autistic] 04/20/94)

"What, Me Worry?" A. E. Newman

Please note: All unsolicited e-mail sent to me may, at
my discretion, be posted in this newsgroup verbatim.
Old October 13th 06, 01:18 AM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

Gropus wrote in
:

On Thu, 12 Oct 2006 01:00:57 GMT, Blow a Toad spake
thusly:

I just wish all you people would take a stand against dumbing things
down any further. If it continues, it going to make hams irrelevant and
our bands will sound like CB.

Right now, CB is totally dead. Nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch.

Behavior like yours will push ham that way too. Who wants to be
associated with the likes of you?

Everyone that desires to be a good ham and valuable asset to the radio
service and to their country do.

Now how's your CW practice coming along? Are you practicing or did you
decide to pack it in and just talk on a mic like other lazy KKKanadians.
Eh?

SC

Old November 10th 06, 02:30 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

Default clean up ham radio SC start by truning in your license

The test will continue to dumb down because ham radio is dying. There's a
new radio game in town, its called cell phone. Like it or not anyone can get
a license to use them.

I've been in ham radio for over 30 years. The same discussion is going on
today as was when I first started. It has never been settled and never will
to satisfy all. Equipment prices will skyrocket as the number of hams
continues to decline. In fact they already have. I laugh when I see radio's
like an IC-706 that someone is trying to sell on Ebay for $900 plus when
only a few years ago new ones were being had at Hamvention under $600. Radio
is dying folks enjoy it while the government allows us to have it. There is
no "use" for all the Techs anymore.Allthis brainpower should be put together
to find a use for your existence instead of continually hashing the same old
dead beaten horse.

wrote in message
On Fri, 13 Oct 2006 00:18:06 GMT, Slow Code wrote:

Gropus wrote in
m:

http://kb9rqz.blogspot.com/

Old November 10th 06, 04:39 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

"The Duce" wrote in message
t...
[...]

Scanners and listening to the cops will die out too. Each police car will
have a wireless broadband set-up and the individual cops will carry around a
wireless link device to communicate to the computer in their car and that
will be "THE END" for scanners!

The handwriting is on the wall!

HJ

Old November 10th 06, 05:01 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

honestjohn wrote:
"The Duce" wrote in message
t...
[...]

Hey, you just stole that idea from "Chicken Little!"

JS
Old November 10th 06, 06:04 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

"John Smith" wrote in message

Hey, you just stole that idea from "Chicken Little!"

Mr. Little happens to be a friend of mine.

H.J.

Old November 10th 06, 07:01 PM posted to alt.radio.scanner,rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner

honestjohn wrote:
"John Smith" wrote in message

Hey, you just stole that idea from "Chicken Little!"

Mr. Little happens to be a friend of mine.

H.J.

HJ:

Obviously, you are both proponents of "Realistic Philosophy!" And, I do
admit, such thinking does provide one with an explanation as to where
these chunks of matter, which keep landing on my head, are coming from!
straight-face I accept such until a better explanation comes forth...

JS