Old April 27th 10, 07:08 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default Testing Photo Upload

On Mon, 26 Apr 2010 11:26:56 -0400, Michael A. Terrell wrote:

On 2010-04-25 14:36:00 -0600, Joe Bento said:

OK, so people here say that yEnc isn't statndard. Please let me
know if these pictures post properly.

TEST3

Tests 1 & 3 look fine in Pan 0.133. Are they yEnc? Pan doesn't say
what they are, although it lists that format for other posts.

No, they are JPG files. Look at the page source to see what a file
type is.

Michael,

I don't see any way to do this. There is a menu item to show information
about the article, but it doesn't say what type of file it is. Selecting
show all headers doesn't do it either. Maybe it's a deficiency peculiar
to Pan.

--
Jim Mueller

To get my real email address, replace wrongname with dadoheadman.
Then replace nospam with fastmail. Lastly, replace com with us.
Old April 27th 10, 05:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

On 2010-04-25 14:36:00 -0600, Joe Bento said:

OK, so people here say that yEnc isn't statndard. Please let me
know if these pictures post properly.
TEST3
Tests 1 & 3 look fine in Pan 0.133. Are they yEnc? Pan doesn't say
what they are, although it lists that format for other posts.

No, they are JPG files. Look at the page source to see what a file
type is.

Michael,

I don't see any way to do this. There is a menu item to show information
about the article, but it doesn't say what type of file it is. Selecting
show all headers doesn't do it either. Maybe it's a deficiency peculiar
to Pan.

Depending on the news reader, you may have an option of looking at
the source. In my case, it's CTRL-u to show the actual content of
the message.

From: Joe Bento
Newsgroups: alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 14:36:00 -0600
Subject: Testing Photo Upload
http://www.giganews.com/info/dmca.html

----------------166850079453752223

OK, so people here say that yEnc isn't statndard. Please let me know
if these pictures post properly.

The first two are uranium marbles under black (UV) light. The last
photo is how the marbles appear under normal light.

Joe

----------------166850079453752223

----------------166850079453752223

----------------166850079453752223

/9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQAAAQABAAD/4gxYSUNDX1BST0ZJTEUAAQEAAAxITGlubwIQAABtbnRy
UkdCIFhZWiAHzgACAAkABgAxAABhY3NwTVNGVAAAAABJRUMgc1 JHQgAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAQAA
9tYAAQAAAADTLUhQICAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Which shows that the image is a .jpg, but more importantly shows it was
sent using base 64 MIME rather than yEnc.

Jeff

--
“Egotism is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity.”
Frank Leahy, Head coach, Notre Dame 1941-1954

http://www.stay-connect.com
Old April 27th 10, 05:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Old April 27th 10, 11:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Jim Mueller wrote:

Michael,

I don't see any way to do this. There is a menu item to show information
about the article, but it doesn't say what type of file it is. Selecting
show all headers doesn't do it either. Maybe it's a deficiency peculiar
to Pan.

Sorry, but I've never used Pan. Every newsreader I've ever used let
me see the raw page source.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

http://www.flickr.com/photos/materrell/
Old April 27th 10, 11:11 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Jim Mueller wrote:

Michael,

I don't see any way to do this. There is a menu item to show information
about the article, but it doesn't say what type of file it is. Selecting
show all headers doesn't do it either. Maybe it's a deficiency peculiar
to Pan.

Sorry, but I've never used Pan. Every newsreader I've ever used let
me see the raw page source.

prove it.
Member of DAV #85.

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

http://www.flickr.com/photos/materrell/

Need a site that allows you to upload and share mp3 for SW recordings SC Dxing Shortwave 0 December 16th 08 03:06 AM
Upload from Digipan to LoTW: invalid mode Goog Digital 2 April 3rd 07 01:50 PM
qsl photo help?? ml General 2 June 6th 05 10:49 AM
Request: Could Someone Tell Me How To Upload Files ? tnx, 73 Dennis Dennis Homebrew 1 November 27th 04 09:28 PM
can't upload to Pro92 scanner using purple cable and Win92 cc Scanner 3 May 17th 04 06:52 PM