Old October 11th 10, 01:47 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Default help with wireless video link

I'm a pretty green in this area so I thought I would ask the
enthusiasts:

I want to set up a wireless video link between my house and a
construction site 1000 feet away. The area between is heavily wooded
and hilly. I want to use a regular non-IP analog CCTV camera with 520
TV lines of
resolution. A 2.4GHz transmitter/receiver pair of 2 watts is my guess
as to the link I will need. I will probably try powering my camera
with a car battery.

What bothers me is that I've searched eBay up and down and cannot find
a setup like this that uses anything more than a 420 TVL camera (and
usually eBay has everything).

My questions a

#1 Are my selections of frequency and power feasible? What would the
advantages of the 1.2GHz or 5.8GHz bands be?

#2 Am I bumping up into some bandwidth limit with a 520 TVL camera?
How come I am not finding any higher-resolution long-distance
offerings?

Thanks.

--zeb
Old October 12th 10, 02:48 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

You would be better off using 900 MHz, as the penetration thru trees
and terrain is better than at higher frequencies.
eyespyvideo.com has all the necessary components, including
transmitter, receiver, antennas, cables, camera, etc. They have
cameras with the resolution you desire. Use the highest gain antennas
available at each end.

73,

Bob W8ERD

Old October 12th 10, 05:44 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna

Excellent link. Thanks.