Old October 17th 04, 02:23 AM
Ken Bessler

Default Trap dipole design 160/80m

I'm looking for any designs, tips, URLs, etc. that would
help me build a 80/160 trap dipole. I've got the ARRL
antenna book but it only offers specifics for multi trap
(4-5 band) or 80 & up designs. Help!

tia!

Ken KG0WX

Old October 17th 04, 03:21 AM
G.Beat

"Ken Bessler" wrote in message
I'm looking for any designs, tips, URLs, etc. that would help me build a
80/160 trap dipole. I've got the ARRL Aantenna book but it only offers
specifics for multi trap
(4-5 band) or 80 & up designs. Help!

tia!

Ken KG0WX

Ken -

Unadilla has a set of traps that will work for a 75 / 160 or 80 / 160 trap
dipole.
http://www.unadilla.com/traps.htm

I will assume a 2-band (80 Phone) 75 / 160 meter trap design. This design
only uses a set of KW-80F traps.

From the center insulator, the wire is 63 feet and 8 inches to the trap and
42 feet and 1 inch after the trap to the end insulator.

BTW, Unadilla has just introduced a set of 60 meter traps for those 40 meter
and 80 meter dipole users -- that would like to add the 5 channels to their
antenna system!

w9gb

Old October 17th 04, 01:37 PM
Ken Bessler

"G.Beat" wrote in message
"Ken Bessler" wrote in message
I'm looking for any designs, tips, URLs, etc. that would help me build a
80/160 trap dipole. I've got the ARRL Aantenna book but it only offers
specifics for multi trap
(4-5 band) or 80 & up designs. Help!

tia!

Ken KG0WX

Ken -

Unadilla has a set of traps that will work for a 75 / 160 or 80 / 160 trap
dipole.
http://www.unadilla.com/traps.htm

I will assume a 2-band (80 Phone) 75 / 160 meter trap design. This design
only uses a set of KW-80F traps.

From the center insulator, the wire is 63 feet and 8 inches to the trap
and 42 feet and 1 inch after the trap to the end insulator.

BTW, Unadilla has just introduced a set of 60 meter traps for those 40
meter and 80 meter dipole users -- that would like to add the 5 channels
to their antenna system!

w9gb

Thanks! That was exactly what I needed!

Ken KG0WX

Old October 17th 04, 02:47 PM
G.Beat

"G.Beat" wrote in message
"Ken Bessler" wrote in message

I'm looking for any designs, tips, URLs, etc. that would help me build
a 80/160 trap dipole. I've got the ARRL Antenna book but it only offers
specifics for multi trap
(4-5 band) or 80 & up designs. Help!

thanks!

Ken KG0WX

Ken -

Unadilla has a set of traps that will work for a 75 / 160 or 80 / 160
trap dipole.
http://www.unadilla.com/traps.htm

I will assume a 2-band (80 CW) 80 / 160 meter trap design. This design
only uses a set of KW-80CW traps.

From the center insulator, the wire is 63 feet and 8 inches to the trap
and 42 feet and 1 inch after the trap to the end insulator.

BTW, Unadilla has just introduced a set of 60 meter traps for those 40
meter and 80 meter dipole users -- that would like to add the 5 channels
to their antenna system!

w9gb

Thanks! That was exactly what I needed!

Ken KG0WX

================
OPPS !!!
The earlier measurements that I gave you were for the KW-80CW TRAP -- the 80
meter CW portion !!! Those earlier dimensions have center tuning at 3.675
MHz for 80 meters and 1.85 MHz for 160 meters (I corrected this above).

The 75 METER PHONE PORTION OF THE BAND using the KW-80F trap should be:

[Center insulator]------60 feet and 4 inches------[KW-80F trap]-------45
feet and 10 inches------[end]

The 75 meter center frequency at 3.875 MHz and
the 160 meter center frequency at 1.85 MHz

w9gb

Old October 24th 04, 10:33 PM
Dick G0XAY

Ken
I asked the same question this side of the pond and the answer was - a doublet
of about 120ft and open wire feeder. I'm making the feeder to start with!
Dick G0XAY