Old January 23rd 07, 02:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Voice of Justice/Radio Teheran/S-38

Count Floyd a écrit :
Fired up my recently restored S-38, rooftop longwire, and this station
is booming in. It is in the 41m band, can't tell definitely what
frequency it is on. This old tube radio is alive with signals. Does
anyone have any information on the station? The only freq infor they
gave was for satellite and for www streaming.
Thanks

According to :
http://www.irib.ir/worldservice/engl.../frequency.htm
if it was on 41m, and if you're located in North America, it might be
7160 kHz.

It's always amazing, if not funny, to listen to the iranian point of
view...

Charly
Old January 24th 07, 12:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 13:39:23 UTC, Charly wrote:

Count Floyd a ‚crit :
Fired up my recently restored S-38, rooftop longwire, and this station
is booming in. It is in the 41m band, can't tell definitely what
frequency it is on. This old tube radio is alive with signals. Does
anyone have any information on the station? The only freq infor they
gave was for satellite and for www streaming.
Thanks

According to :
http://www.irib.ir/worldservice/engl.../frequency.htm
if it was on 41m, and if you're located in North America, it might be
7160 kHz.

It's always amazing, if not funny, to listen to the iranian point of
view...

Charly

Thanks, it is 7160, though with the S-38C, I couldn't really tell! It
really is fun SWL'ing with the old boatanchor stuff in this age of
digital. Brings back the fun I first had when I was new to the game
with an S-120 and then graduated to an S-40! Now, it is just a fun
challenge to see how many countries and states I can pull in on the
old radios, the other is a Lafayette HE-10, like new, fully recapped
and restored. Antenna is about 100ft of insulated wire on the roof
leading down to the radio through the window.
--
"What do you mean there's no movie?"
Old January 24th 07, 10:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
jon jon is offline

Greetings Floyd!
I have been wanting to get a S-38 E. I think that is the one made in
1954 the year I was born. I know what you mean about the old tubes
that glow in the night. My first shortwave was a Heathkit GR-64. I no
longer have a tube shortwave receiver as I gave them all away. What
was I thinking? I do have some old broadcast receivers of the tube
persuasion and a Tempo One that I hope to put on the air.
Anyone out there want to throw out an old tube shortwave receiver give
me a holler. I keep looking through the thrift stores but find
everything but what I want. Have a great week! Jon in Upstate South
Carolina.

http://www.irib.ir/worldservice/engl...20and%20time%2...
if it was on 41m, and if you're located in North America, it might be
7160 kHz.

It's always amazing, if not funny, to listen to the iranian point of
view...

CharlyThanks, it is 7160, though with the S-38C, I couldn't really tell! It

really is fun SWL'ing with the old boatanchor stuff in this age of
digital. Brings back the fun I first had when I was new to the game
with an S-120 and then graduated to an S-40! Now, it is just a fun
challenge to see how many countries and states I can pull in on the
old radios, the other is a Lafayette HE-10, like new, fully recapped
and restored. Antenna is about 100ft of insulated wire on the roof
leading down to the radio through the window.
--
"What do you mean there's no movie?"- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

Old January 26th 07, 07:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
jon jon is offline

On Jan 24, 6:00 am, Bart Bailey wrote:
In ps.com
posted on 24 Jan 2007 01:05:14 -0800, jon wrote: Begin
Greetings Bart!

I would love to have a Pro 2 or Pro 3, but I am trying to keep that
youthful enthusiasm that
you were talking about! Boys and their toys! I can't have too many
books, radios, and
harmonicas, not necessarily in that order. Have a great weekend! Jon
in Upstate South
Carolina.
I do have some old broadcast receivers of the tube
persuasion and a Tempo One that I hope to put on the air.I got one of those back during the bi-centennial (1976),

$400 was quite a hit, but seemed worth it at the time.
I liked it better than the Hot Water 101 that I built three years later.
I suspect the youthful optimism of yesteryear may have been at play,
because my current Pro3 just barely exceeds those thrills of yore.

--

Bart