Old September 22nd 06, 05:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave
Dan Dan is offline

Default Techno Remix of Bizarre CB Transmission

From the official Web site:

" They Call Me The Midnight Cowboy...
Late on the night of 9/20/06 (actually 9/21/06, 0528 UTC), Dan
Quintiliani, K3DRQ stumbled across a bizarre CB transmission while tuning
the dial on his IC-725 ham radio transceiver. The transmission went
something like this:

"They call me the Midnight Cowboy, the Midnight Cowboy,
They call me the Midnight, Midnight, Midnight, Midnight, Midnight..."

....over and over again.

So, Dan decided to record this transmission on his computer, and (soon
afterward) to make a techno remix of it."

--

Download it at this page:

http://theycallmethemidnightcowboy.blogspot.com/

--

-Dan
Old September 23rd 06, 02:04 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave

Dan wrote in
00.105:

From the official Web site:

" They Call Me The Midnight Cowboy...
Late on the night of 9/20/06 (actually 9/21/06, 0528 UTC), Dan
Quintiliani, K3DRQ stumbled across a bizarre CB transmission while
tuning the dial on his IC-725 ham radio transceiver. The transmission
went something like this:

"They call me the Midnight Cowboy, the Midnight Cowboy,
They call me the Midnight, Midnight, Midnight, Midnight, Midnight..."

...over and over again.

So, Dan decided to record this transmission on his computer, and (soon
afterward) to make a techno remix of it."

--

Download it at this page:

http://theycallmethemidnightcowboy.blogspot.com/

Him being a CB'er, he should have called himself a K-Y Cowboy.

SC

Old September 23rd 06, 03:09 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave

Slow Code wrote:
Dan wrote in
00.105:

From the official Web site:

" They Call Me The Midnight Cowboy...
Late on the night of 9/20/06 (actually 9/21/06, 0528 UTC), Dan
Quintiliani, K3DRQ stumbled across a bizarre CB transmission while
tuning the dial on his IC-725 ham radio transceiver. The transmission
went something like this:

"They call me the Midnight Cowboy, the Midnight Cowboy,
They call me the Midnight, Midnight, Midnight, Midnight, Midnight..."

...over and over again.

So, Dan decided to record this transmission on his computer, and (soon
afterward) to make a techno remix of it."

--

Download it at this page:

http://theycallmethemidnightcowboy.blogspot.com/

Him being a CB'er, he should have called himself a K-Y Cowboy.

Why would he want to take your CB handle?

Old September 24th 06, 06:38 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave

"Dan" wrote in message
00.105...
From the official Web site:

" They Call Me The Midnight Cowboy...
Late on the night of 9/20/06 (actually 9/21/06, 0528 UTC), Dan
Quintiliani, K3DRQ stumbled across a bizarre CB transmission while tuning
the dial on his IC-725 ham radio transceiver. The transmission went
something like this:

"They call me the Midnight Cowboy, the Midnight Cowboy,
They call me the Midnight, Midnight, Midnight, Midnight, Midnight..."

...over and over again.

So, Dan decided to record this transmission on his computer, and (soon
afterward) to make a techno remix of it."

--

Download it at this page:

http://theycallmethemidnightcowboy.blogspot.com/

--

-Dan

Anyone got a copy of the Porkbutt song ?
Ace - WH2T

Old September 24th 06, 01:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave

Why the hell did he waste his time doing that? It isn't funny or
entertaining at all. Dan needs to find more constructive ways of spending
his time. Besides, that transmission wasn't really that bizarre for CB.

"Dan" wrote in message
00.105...
From the official Web site:

Old September 24th 06, 04:59 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 12:15:05 +1000, Barry OGrady
wrote:

On Fri, 22 Sep 2006 11:28:24 -0500, Dan wrote:

From the official Web site:

" They Call Me The Midnight Cowboy...
Late on the night of 9/20/06 (actually 9/21/06, 0528 UTC), Dan

Actually 21/9/06 but whose counting?

Quintiliani, K3DRQ

Not in K3-land.
Old September 24th 06, 08:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave

The midnight Cowboy guy can be heard everyday on channel 19 in the Newark,
NJ area during morning commute time. He is almost always on with the same
stuff...mystery.

On Sun, 24 Sep 2006 08:50:51 -0400, DougSlug wrote:

Why the hell did he waste his time doing that? It isn't funny or
entertaining at all. Dan needs to find more constructive ways of
spending
his time. Besides, that transmission wasn't really that bizarre for CB.

"Dan" wrote in message
00.105...
From the official Web site:

Old September 27th 06, 04:44 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.misc,rec.radio.amateur.policy,rec.radio.scanner,rec.radio.shortwave

Anyone got a copy of the Porkbutt song ?
Ace - WH2T

You should know all about being a "porkbutt" shouldn't you fat boy? Have you
been out in Bloomington handing out KKK flyers? Oh, thats right, you only
have the guts to do that in towns with less than 500 people.

CLOSE YOUR MOUTH TRACY