Old October 29th 03, 12:18 AM
Its Me Again !

Default Buyer Seller Beware Scam Alert

Got an answer on my ad on a radio I am selling Here is what I got in reply
after I told him my price.He must think we are all dimwits or dopes.

Dick Burke,

ok i will with immediate effect instruct my client who is owing the
sum of $1,720. to prepare you a cashier check of this said amount and as
soon as you receive the check and you cash it you will deduct yours and wire
back the diffreence back to me via [ WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER ] .
moreso i want you to calculate the cost of shipping to west africa in
additing to the said amount .

get back to me with your complete information such as ;

NAME=====

ADDRESS=====

STATE======

CITY======

PHONE NUMBER=======

reply soonest .

prince chike .

Old October 29th 03, 01:08 AM
Bruce Markowitz

Too funny
Do people actually fall for this?

Old October 29th 03, 06:14 AM
Marvin Moss

Very strange. I, too, had a gentleman from England offer me a third party
cashier's check for $5000 for a $1500 rig I was trying to sell and he wanted
me to send the difference to him along with the rig. I even answered him
with "no deal".
Boy, was I stupid to even answer him like a gentleman.

Old October 29th 03, 08:37 PM
Panzer240

"Marvin Moss" wrote in
ink.net:

Very strange. I, too, had a gentleman from England offer me a third
party cashier's check for $5000 for a $1500 rig I was trying to sell and
he wanted me to send the difference to him along with the rig. I even
answered him with "no deal".
Boy, was I stupid to even answer him like a gentleman.

Hmmmm...... I musy be getting thick in my old age. If you wait until the
cheque shows up, have the cash in your hot little hand, then the radio
gets sent out, where's the scam ??? Now if you were to ship first and wait
for the cheque........... more fool you !!!!

--
Panzer

Scam Scam Scam ! -Rev Jones Antenna 3 February 10th 04 08:47 PM
SCAM SCAM SCAM ! -Rev Jones Boatanchors 3 February 7th 04 02:57 AM
Scam Alert swiftpay or swiftSpay or swiftASpay scam alert Policy 0 July 23rd 03 09:01 PM
Beware of $2 of RSGB Sign Up Scam Scam Alert Policy 0 July 18th 03 05:02 AM