Old May 27th 06, 01:20 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap
Morse or Re-Morse

Default I was going through about ten years of ham catalogs, and I noticed a disturbing trend.

There's an increase in recent years of ham gear Retailers offering an
expanding amount of citizen band radios and related products.

So Retailers have seen the changes in the type of people that are
making up and will be making up the US ham population, and have modified
their inventories and marketing to stay in step with it.

Gotta keep selling them radio's, Ten-Four?

Morse
Old May 27th 06, 05:35 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap
M.

Either that, or they noticed that the anal-retentive old fart CW losers
aren't buying new equipment so they're marketing to somebody who will.

. net...

Old May 28th 06, 01:52 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap
Tom Ring

Morse or Re-Morse wrote:

There's an increase in recent years of ham gear Retailers offering an
expanding amount of citizen band radios and related products.

So Retailers have seen the changes in the type of people that are
making up and will be making up the US ham population, and have modified
their inventories and marketing to stay in step with it.

Gotta keep selling them radio's, Ten-Four?

Morse

No, they aren't. Not the real ones.

GOAT.

tom
K0TAR

Old June 1st 06, 02:02 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap
GregS

In article , "Steve N." wrote:
$$

Steve

"Morse or Re-Morse" wrote in message
.net...
There's an increase in recent years of ham gear Retailers offering an
expanding amount of citizen band radios and related products.

So Retailers have seen the changes in the type of people that are
making up and will be making up the US ham population, and have modified
their inventories and marketing to stay in step with it.

Gotta keep selling them radio's, Ten-Four?

Well years back there were CB STORES everywhere, and places like Sears
and Wards sold CB's, not anymore. Someone has to sell them.
Very litle interest in CB these days, however its the only real way to try and communicate
with other drivers on the road.

greg

Old June 3rd 06, 03:23 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap
Cecil Moore

"Morse or Re-Morse" wrote
Radio Shack. You got questions, we got blank stares.

My 17 year old RS Optimus speakers gave up the ghost. I went into
a Radio Shack and was told that not only does RS not sell speakers
like that anymore, but speakers with one tweeter plus one mid-range
plus one woofer were not even manufactured anymore and that it
takes half a dozen modular speakers to set up a system nowadays.

I went over to Fry's Electronics and found exactly what I was
looking for from Cambridge Soundworks. The woofer only goes
down to 40 Hz but for my karaoke system, that's good enough.
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old June 4th 06, 11:24 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap
Slow Code

"Cecil Moore" wrote in
y.net:

"Morse or Re-Morse" wrote
Radio Shack. You got questions, we got blank stares.

My 17 year old RS Optimus speakers gave up the ghost. I went into
a Radio Shack and was told that not only does RS not sell speakers
like that anymore, but speakers with one tweeter plus one mid-range
plus one woofer were not even manufactured anymore and that it
takes half a dozen modular speakers to set up a system nowadays.

I went over to Fry's Electronics and found exactly what I was
looking for from Cambridge Soundworks. The woofer only goes
down to 40 Hz but for my karaoke system, that's good enough.

A microphone, a six-pack, a karaoke system, & you're a star. :-)

sc
Old June 5th 06, 03:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap
Cecil Moore

Yep, see: http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp/w5dxp.jpg
--
73, Cecil http://www.qsl.net/w5dxp

Old June 5th 06, 08:04 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna,rec.radio.amateur.equipment,rec.radio.swap

Default Give up CB for ham?

Alot of people are telling me that CB is just for inbred hicks and that
I should replace the CB in my truck with a ham radio. What do you
thjink?