Old March 28th 15, 08:58 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Palomar 225 Good amp.

Mines been tuned and tweaked also it's not an elite mines the big body style it runs warm at most on ssb my radio finals get on the hot side transmitting a lot but it will surge everything close by. On medium or high setting when I key up it turns on touch activated lamp fixtures which is amusing to me on low is a good balance of reliable yet no overkill power im but certain what my watts output are yet always been curious tho but it's served me well over the years it used to distort some with Mic gain up on 4 on anything above the low setting so idk what's up with that yet but I retuned my antennas again and now I can run all three setting without distorting or squealing back thru my own radio and wireless Mic onmy bearcat 980SSB RADIO I'm in the market for a same body design Palomar 450HD or 450LD or 600HD or 900HD or LD either one works with my mobile radios I have a BearCat 980SSB WITH ALL BEARCAT accessories ext speakers and wireless mics which are totally worth this radio over any galaxy dx959 or cobra 148L to me the display and audio quality with a wireless Mic that's capable of reaching a 1/4MILE from the radio unit in any direction or building even it says on box bluelink range is 100-300meters which I guess is about what it actually does with belt clip and sturdy design and high gain power with rechargeable battery pack makes this my radio of choice all day long works well as my mototurbo system with same kinda wireless speaker Mic as well only the Motorola has double Mic range but it better for $320.00 the bearcat Mic was only $65.00-$75.00 at most so excellent results I'm pleased