Old February 4th 06, 03:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
ve3...

Default The Return of Doctor Doom: Chuck Harder returns from outer space

As I was idly tuning around Friday afternoon I stopped at a familiar
voice and was amazed to hear the mellifluous tones of Chuck Harder.
Time: 3:15 pm est; freq 12160 which I think is WWCR. Chuck has been
absent for a while as he has been fooling around with Ku-band
satellites. He had a guest and the two of them talked about the trade
deficit, the Euro's challenge to the American Empire, inflation,
declining wages, the national debt, and other cheery topics. WE ARE
DOOMED! Unfortunately, I had to go out and don't know if he has
returned or was just visiting.Always entertaining if a bit
Johnny-One-Note. But what a nice note.

Old February 4th 06, 03:53 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I listened to Chuck Harder on my Radio for about twenty something
years.First he was on WMPQ AM Radio station here in Jackson,then he went
to Shortwave Radio broadcasting,then he went to Satellite broadcasting.I
kept on listening.(but I have never heard him broadcasting via Satellite
before) If he is back,I say that is Good. www.forthepeople.org
www.chuckharder.com One day,Chuck Harder was working on one of his
Satellite dishes,he slipped down off of the ladder and fell down on his
knees,the health/medical outfit he went to kept on delaying things and
the cartilage (whatever it is called) stuff in his knees set up as hard
as concrete,thanks to fed govt so-called health/medical care.I used to
listen to Bo Gritz on Shortwave Radio too,I can't find him (Bo Gritz) on
the Radio anymore.Chuck Harder and Bo Gritz rate Top Notch in my Book.
cuhulin

Old February 5th 06, 06:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
jon

Greetings! I thought I had heard he was dead. Perhaps I had better
let him know he is alive. I used to listen to him on local FM, but
haven't heard him in quite a while. He was interesting to say the
least. I will check out 12.160 and listen as well. Have a great
weekend! Jon in South Carolina.

Old February 7th 06, 02:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Darkington 'Starsky' Starr

Excellent! Thanks for the heads-up. That guy's a hoot. It was so
funny how he dismissed his dire predictions and hawking of "Doomsday
2K" paraphernalia when nothing happened. I do feel sorry for him,
though. It was obvious his pain killers were getting just a wee bit
too overdone for a while as he s-l-o-w-e-d his speech to a slurred
drawl. He sounded better after a while. Good ol' Chuckie. God bless
him. Welcome back!

Starsky

Pirates, Freebanders, Outbanders...
Interesting listening.
Frequently frequenting following frequencies:
6.925 MHz (many modes to hear [and see!] these days!);
6.670 MHz LSB, 3.475 MHz LSB;
HF Marine channels; 25-28 MHz Freeband.
-*- FOR EDUCATIONAL PURPOSES ONLY -*-
Don't like what you hear? QSY.

On 3 Feb 2006 18:19:01 -0800, "ve3..." replied:

Old March 1st 06, 04:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

jon wrote:
Greetings! I thought I had heard he was dead. Perhaps I had better
let him know he is alive. I used to listen to him on local FM, but
haven't heard him in quite a while. He was interesting to say the
least. I will check out 12.160 and listen as well. Have a great
weekend! Jon in South Carolina.

Heard Chuck Harder yesterday afternoon at the regular time, and he did
not sound well at all.
I can't stand the guy or his far, far, far, far, far, far, far,
far-Right politics (he makes Pat Buchanan sound like a moderate), but I
do feel sorry for him, in a sense.
His tenacity and pluck are admirable, but I feel he's done his job. He
never really intended to "bring the jobs back to America" (his
oft-stated goal), but he did make millions of listeners think about
things like national sovereignty, trade, manufacturing, the UN,
immigration, and so on.
I hope others can pick up on Harder's nationalism, and tweak it just a
bit so that it's more palatable to the average voter. GOP chairman Ken
Melhman is right: Anger, paranoia, and conspiracy theories don't win
elections (just ask Ross Perot).

Old March 13th 06, 05:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I hope others can pick up on Harder's nationalism, and tweak it just a
bit so that it's more palatable to the average voter. GOP chairman Ken
Melhman is right: Anger, paranoia, and conspiracy theories don't win
elections (just ask Ross Perot).

better still ask John Kerry

Although I have (or at least had) lots to say -- mostly negative --
about Chuck Harder's nationalism, for the purposes of this post, that
is beside the point.
The point I've made over and over again (dating back to Chuck's
accident in May 1999) is that, for lack of a better metaphor, the Chuck
Harder era -- which began in late 1991 and persisted until early 1995
-- is long gone. I'm talking about the pervasive anti-government anger
and disgruntlement that existed back then, especially on the Right. OK,
there's lots of talk about the same thing today, but (again, to employ
an old, worn aphorism) that's comparing apples and oranges.
Today, whatever "anger" or "disgruntlement" exists centers around the
Iraq and Afghanistan wars, which (in my opinion) are being completely
distorted by a Bush-hating MSM (mainstream media). There is not this
overarching, Timothy McVeigh-style anti-government hatred that we
unfortunately had to deal with in the early 1990's, the period when,
not surprisingly, Chuck Harder saw his biggest successes and largest
radio audiences.
Look at the numbers: In 1992, on average, only 15 percent of voters
surveyed thought the U.S. on "on the right track." Today, that number
is in the low 30's -- not good, but not catastrophic either.
Today, we have the so-called "Minutemen," trying to keep illegal
immigrants from sneaking across the border. Compare these folks to the
citizen militias of the early '90's, who were trying to overthrow the
U.S. government (again, not surprisingly, Chuck supported the CM's back
then). The Minutemen are trying to help the government; the militias
were trying to destroy it.
Oh, I forgot to mention crime. In the early 1990's, it was out of
control, with about 2,000 homicides per year in New York City and
almost 500 in Washington, D.C. Today, those tragic figures are down
dramatically (under 600 in the Big Apple, under 200 in D.C.).
Runaway crime was, to many angry voters, a symbol of American decline
and an uncaring, elitist, "New World Order" globalist government
unwilling to do anything about it except trot out Dane Quayl [sic] and
his goofy tirades against Murphy Brown.
That was the environment that nurtured and grew the likes of Chuck
Harder. It's gone now, but, like your appendix, Chuck Harder somehow
hangs on.
I guess Chuck just likes hearing himself on the radio, and gets a rise
out of talking to influential conservatives (Cliff May, David
Silverstein, Jed Babbin, Peter Peterson, Josh Block, Kenneth Timmerman,
etc.). In a way, I can relate to that. Hell, I'd probably feel the same
way Chuck does, were I in his position.
But -- and I've said this over and over and over again -- it's time for
Chuck Harder to smell the coffee and do the right thing and retire
(there I go again with those worn-out sayings). Let someone else more
in tune with the times take over. It's only fair.

Old March 13th 06, 06:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Radio Buff

wrote in
ups.com:

[...]

Is he still wearing his tin-foil hat?

SC
Old March 13th 06, 07:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Chuck Harder is A OK.
cuhulin

Old March 13th 06, 09:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Cuhulin,

You listen to Chuck Harder. How long do you think he'll continue to be
on the air, given his severe health problems?