T368 for sale

Old August 17th 06, 02:18 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
KeDawei

Default T368 for sale

For sale - T368E/URT, made by B & W, Serial Number 151170PP62, SR655

The T3 is in excellent shape. I purchase the T3 many years ago from a
local ham who got the rig from Fair Radio. It was used for a few years
then I went overseas for 4 years. I have recently returned and not active
anymore so cleaning out the cellar.

Pictures are he

http://www.kedawei.com/

Click on T368

Mods:

The only change to the T3 I can remember was to the speech section. I
forget what I did but it got good reports. What I did should be marked up
on the schematics. Typically whenever I made a change or replace any part
on any transmitter or receiver I marked up the schematic for that rig. The
change was minor and can be easily traced and backed.

Manual:

The manual was purchased new from the government. The manual for T3's
is the same for all models as the variations between models is slight. I
was surprised that the manual had A, B and C but that's what you get for
ordering any T3 model from the government. I enquired some more and found
that there were supplements available for the T3 later models which I have.
As it turns out the changes are minor and all you need is the basic manual.
As far as I know I'm the only one in the east with T3 supplements.

The picture of the manual shows 5 folders which have extra manual
schematic copies and supplements. I made up extras of the schematics as I
like to go over them with a felt pen and markup circuits for easy
understanding. Although the transmitter is big and powerful it's basically
a beefed up Ranger. Even though I have the extra documentation if you just
use the main manual you'll probably never notice the changes described in
the supplements.

Problems:

Essentially I got the rig many years ago. After a few months I put in
the speech amp mods which were minor. When I first got the T3 there was an
arcing problem as I mentioned on the phone. That was finally found to be a
carbon trace which was wiped away and solved the problem. I think the
carbon trace was caused by improper tuning or a non-matching antenna by the
previous owner.

After those initial things I never had to touch the rig so used it like
that for years and that's the condition it's in now. Years ago I put in new
4-400's so given ham service they should last through your lifetime.

Price: $1600.

Location:

Marlborough, Mass.

Contact:

If you have any questions you can contact me by email at
.

David N1RBM

Old August 17th 06, 08:16 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
KeDawei

Does have it's foot switch.