home brew power supply

Old May 27th 07, 02:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Gary[_2_]

Default home brew power supply

3500 Volts, 500 mils with screen and bias supply. Been a project for my home
brew amp.

--
Gary...

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	pwr scrn bis.JPG
Views:	631
Size:	41.2 KB
ID:	162
Old May 27th 07, 04:41 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Brian McAllister

On Sat, 26 May 2007 21:14:16 -0400, "Gary"
wrote:

3500 Volts, 500 mils with screen and bias supply. Been a project for my home
brew amp.

Is that for a headphone amplifier?
Brian McAllister

Sarasota, Florida

email bkm at oldtech dot net

Old May 28th 07, 11:37 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Buck Frobisher

"Gary" wrote in message
3500 Volts, 500 mils with screen and bias supply. Been a project for my
home
brew amp.

--
Gary...

Are those big cans on the lower shelf caps!?

Old May 29th 07, 01:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Phil Nelson

3500 volts?

Please clue us in, what is supplying power for?

Phil

Old May 29th 07, 02:00 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Buck Frobisher

"Phil Nelson" wrote in message
3500 volts?

Please clue us in, what is supplying power for?

Phil

A big whomping car stereo. ::kaBoomThud::

Old May 29th 07, 09:45 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Gary[_2_]

Yes, they are filter caps. The big gray things are the filter chokes. This
power supply is a variable supply for a homebrew amplifier I am building.
Uses two 813's in the RF deck and also modulated by two 813's. Will post
more pics as the project goes along.

--
Gary...

Old May 29th 07, 08:05 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Uncle Peter

"Phil Nelson" wrote in message
3500 volts?

Please clue us in, what is supplying power for?

Phil

4CX10000 perhaps... Ham Radio RF power amp, Phil.

Pete

Old May 30th 07, 12:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
FanJet

"Gary" wrote in message
Yes, they are filter caps. The big gray things are the filter chokes. This
power supply is a variable supply for a homebrew amplifier I am building.
Uses two 813's in the RF deck and also modulated by two 813's. Will post
more pics as the project goes along.

Sounds like a Gates BC1. In any case, I was going to guess 4 813s were
involved but I missed the opportunity.

FS: Home Brew 28 ~ 220 MHz Converter Michael Crestohl Boatanchors 0 April 28th 06 03:42 AM
Grounding the Home (PC) Computer's Frame and Power Supply ? ? ? RHF Shortwave 0 January 13th 05 10:38 AM
Home Brew Bug key? PaoloC Homebrew 0 August 2nd 04 09:15 AM
New Home Brew Store GTS Homebrew 0 November 13th 03 12:14 AM
Home Brew Receiver N8KDV Swap 2 October 15th 03 04:10 AM