Old August 14th 07, 12:33 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default Zenith 4-B-422: What other radios use this cabinet?

This is a Zenith 4-B-422 6 volt battery set. Does anyone know of other
Zenith sets that use this cabinet? The chassis was obviously built for a
5th tube, so likely an AC/DC version existed (5-D-xxx). The cabinet is way
to nice to use for ONLY a 6 volt set! Thanks! Dave.

Old August 14th 07, 01:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Dave said

to nice to use for ONLY a 6 volt set! Thanks! Dave.

--------------------------------
That is one pretty radio !

I love farm sets.

Garry

Old August 15th 07, 12:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Dave McClellan wrote:
This is a Zenith 4-B-422 6 volt battery set. Does anyone know of other
Zenith sets that use this cabinet? The chassis was obviously built for a
5th tube, so likely an AC/DC version existed (5-D-xxx). The cabinet is way
to nice to use for ONLY a 6 volt set! Thanks! Dave.

Dave, your post caused me to go on a hunt of a set that's been on my
shelf for a long time. The set looks like yours but the back inside
label is a Chassis 5420 1.5 volt set. However inside the radio is a 5528
chassis which is a transformer set with push buttons used in sets like
the Pancake 5R312. Another thing that was not right was the Zenith
Oracle listed it as an AC-DC(Chassis with 60hz Phono) which makes no
sense so it must be a typo. One thing that didn't look right to me with
this set is you could see 2 screws at the bottom of the dial which you
won't see when it;s in the right cabinet. I kept thinking to myself this
can't be right and tonight when I took it apart it all makes sense.
Old August 15th 07, 12:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Lou D wrote:
Dave McClellan wrote:
[...]

To be a little more clear on this the 5528 chassis fits but the push
buttons are hidden and you would never know they are there. Kind of a
waste but it does work. There must be an AC (or AC-DC)set that uses that
cabinet I guess but I couldn't find it on the Radio Attic.

Old August 15th 07, 12:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

I have one but the dial opening in the case is a bit more rounded and it
has a hammer gold AC DC chassis in it . It is where i cant get at it
easy right now . No push buttons inside or out .

Old August 15th 07, 11:46 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Just looking for a replacement/reproduction back cover. The more models I
know of, the more likely to find a cover. I am not looking to replace the
chassis! I collect farm radios.

Dave

Old August 15th 07, 11:57 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Ken Doyle" wrote in message
Farm radios should be preserved for what they are.

Love the "on" flag on the dial.

Ken D.

"Dave McClellan" wrote in message
This is a Zenith 4-B-422 6 volt battery set. Does anyone know of other
Zenith sets that use this cabinet? The chassis was obviously built for a
5th tube, so likely an AC/DC version existed (5-D-xxx). The cabinet is

way
to nice to use for ONLY a 6 volt set! Thanks! Dave.

Mine has the back. It states for model Chassis 5420. I could take a
picture of it,too big for the scanner.
Old August 16th 07, 01:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

That would be great! Can you post the picture on the binaries?

Dave