FA: 1 KW Homebrew Amplifier

Old September 4th 07, 11:10 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
WZ1U

Default FA: 1 KW Homebrew Amplifier

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=003
Old September 6th 07, 08:51 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Roger (K8RI)

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 18:10:23 -0400, WZ1U wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE:IT&ih=003

Nice looking strip line, 2-meter amp.

Roger (K8RI)
Old September 6th 07, 09:34 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Harold E. Johnson

Nice looking strip line, 2-meter amp.

Roger (K8RI)

Actually, a very nicely built 6 and 2 meter amplifier.

W4ZCB

Old September 6th 07, 02:22 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Don Bowey

On 9/6/07 12:51 AM, in article ,
"Roger (K8RI)" wrote:

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 18:10:23 -0400, WZ1U wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...983&ssPa geNa
me=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=003

Nice looking strip line, 2-meter amp.

I don't see any strip line. Best I'd give it is "nice front panel."

Roger (K8RI)

Old September 6th 07, 03:13 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Harold E. Johnson

"Don Bowey" wrote in message
On 9/6/07 12:51 AM, in article ,
"Roger (K8RI)" wrote:

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 18:10:23 -0400, WZ1U wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...983&ssPa geNa
me=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=003

Nice looking strip line, 2-meter amp.

I don't see any strip line. Best I'd give it is "nice front panel."

Well, you look at the copper strap connecting the 6 meter tank to the tubes.
Those.are called "strip lines" and are what resonates the tank on 2 meters.

W4ZCB

Old September 6th 07, 04:41 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Roger (K8RI)

On Thu, 06 Sep 2007 14:13:48 GMT, "Harold E. Johnson"
wrote:

"Don Bowey" wrote in message
On 9/6/07 12:51 AM, in article ,
"Roger (K8RI)" wrote:

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 18:10:23 -0400, WZ1U wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...983&ssPa geNa
me=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=003

Nice looking strip line, 2-meter amp.

I don't see any strip line. Best I'd give it is "nice front panel."

Well, you look at the copper strap connecting the 6 meter tank to the tubes.
Those.are called "strip lines" and are what resonates the tank on 2 meters.

Now to replace those 4CX250s with 3CX800s or a pair of 4CX*** in that
range :-)). I'm using a single 3CX800 on 2-meters. It's just the
thing for WAR (Worked all Repeaters) :-)) and no in case anyone took
me serious, it's for SSB and CW although I keep telling the locals
it's for packet.

Roger (K8RI)

W4ZCB

Old September 6th 07, 05:26 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Don Bowey

On 9/6/07 7:13 AM, in article wWTDi.71017$Xa3.20125@attbi_s22, "Harold E.
Johnson" wrote:

"Don Bowey" wrote in message
On 9/6/07 12:51 AM, in article ,
"Roger (K8RI)" wrote:

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 18:10:23 -0400, WZ1U wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...78983&ssPa ge
Na
me=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=003

Nice looking strip line, 2-meter amp.

I don't see any strip line. Best I'd give it is "nice front panel."

Well, you look at the copper strap connecting the 6 meter tank to the tubes.
Those.are called "strip lines" and are what resonates the tank on 2 meters.

W4ZCB

I see the tuned lines, but they are not strip lines.

See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stripline

Or an ARRL Handbook, or........

Old September 6th 07, 08:28 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.boatanchors
Chuck Harris

Harold E. Johnson wrote:
"Don Bowey" wrote in message
On 9/6/07 12:51 AM, in article ,
"Roger (K8RI)" wrote:

On Tue, 04 Sep 2007 18:10:23 -0400, WZ1U wrote:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...983&ssPa geNa
me=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=003
Nice looking strip line, 2-meter amp.

I don't see any strip line. Best I'd give it is "nice front panel."

Well, you look at the copper strap connecting the 6 meter tank to the tubes.
Those.are called "strip lines" and are what resonates the tank on 2 meters.

Nah! Those are simply hi-Q, low inductance, inductors that happen to be made
of copper strapping.

Strip line is a transmission line that is made by putting a strip of metal between
two ground planes. It's impedance is determined by the width of the strip, the
spacing between the ground planes, and the dielectric constant of the material
between the ground planes.

Strip line used to be used quite a bit on microwave circuits that were built
on printed circuit boards. It was replaced by the simpler to make micro-strip
line, which is a strip of metal(copper) on one side of a board that has a ground
plane on the other.

-Chuck