Old October 14th 07, 02:54 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default How to pack a speaker

I promote repairing or reconing original radio speakers vs. replacing them.
Its the right way to go, since 95% of damaged speakers are totally
repairable.

Here are some shots of a speaker I sent out for reconing. It shows how you
should pack a speaker properly:

First, wrap it in a bag.
Next, tape a protective plate over the face (not shown in the pix here).
Select a sturdy box that is not too much larger than the speaker. Place a
sheet of foam or large cell bubble wrap in the bottom of the box and place
the speaker face down in the box . Then wrap foam, add packing peanuts,
crushed newspaper, or any other similar packing that will hold the speaker
firmly in the box.

This speaker shown was reconed by Sound Remedy of Collingswood NJ.

Mark Oppat

Attached Thumbnails
How to pack a speaker-dsc05867.jpg  How to pack a speaker-dsc05868.jpg  How to pack a speaker-dsc05869.jpg  How to pack a speaker-dsc05870.jpg  How to pack a speaker-dsc05871.jpg

Old October 14th 07, 05:48 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

That looks good . I am always curious what that costed and what all got
replaced

Old October 14th 07, 06:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

You didn't indicate what type of "barrier" you put over the front of the
driver. I'd be inclined to use a piece of solid plastic; cardboard wouldn't
be sufficiently puncture-proof.

Old October 15th 07, 04:25 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

on this one I think the cost was under $40 total including return shipping.
In this case it was a typical recone... the cone, voicecoil and spider was
replaced.

Mark Oppat