This poor Emerson deserved so much better

Old November 7th 07, 04:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Brenda Ann

Default This poor Emerson deserved so much better

--
Say no to institutionalized interference.
Just say NO to HD/IBOC!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Destroyed2.jpg
Views:	400
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	340  Click image for larger version

Name:	Destroyed5.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	341
Old November 7th 07, 04:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Neil S

Beside the fact that people cannot pack Bakelite [or wood or glass] for
shipping, Why are the tuning caps always set fully open to maximize the
damage like in this Emerson. Poor thing!
I always ask that the tuning be set to the low end of the band before
packing, but half the time it is not done anyway.

Neil S.

Old November 7th 07, 04:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
jakdedert

Brenda Ann wrote:

Time to get some superglue....

Too bad.

jak

Old November 7th 07, 08:41 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Brenda Ann

"Jeffrey D Angus" wrote in message
A few weeks ago I posted a comment with an experiment using
a light bulb, oatmeal carton and a rock. This obviously shows
the same mechanics at work. Mass + Inertia.

No matter how many times you go around the outside of a radio
with bubble wrap, if you can't keep the insides in place
properly, this is the result.

Jeff

It would have had a MUCH better chance though if they had

1) Used bubble wrap that wasn't all popped

2) Used more than a single wrap

3) Wrapped the entire radio, not just around the front/back

4) Used a box more than 1cm larger than the radio

Old November 8th 07, 12:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Rick[_6_]

Brenda Ann wrote:

"Jeffrey D Angus" wrote in message
A few weeks ago I posted a comment with an experiment using
a light bulb, oatmeal carton and a rock. This obviously shows
the same mechanics at work. Mass + Inertia.

No matter how many times you go around the outside of a radio
with bubble wrap, if you can't keep the insides in place
properly, this is the result.

Jeff

It would have had a MUCH better chance though if they had

1) Used bubble wrap that wasn't all popped

2) Used more than a single wrap

3) Wrapped the entire radio, not just around the front/back

4) Used a box more than 1cm larger than the radio

Well, #4 explains why they had to pop all that bubble wrap. 8-)
Old November 8th 07, 04:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Garry W Tidler

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

Say no to institutionalized interference.
Just say NO to HD/IBOC!

Well at least , they didn't cut the plug off .

Garry WW9GT

Old November 8th 07, 07:09 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Terry[_2_]

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

Brenda

Following on from a posting a little while back, did you ever get your
modulator working?

Terry

Old November 8th 07, 08:10 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Brenda Ann

"Terry" wrote in message

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

Brenda

Following on from a posting a little while back, did you ever get your
modulator working?

Terry

I did get the modulator going. The transmitter project has been on the back
burner for a while, since I moved to a new shop, and it's still in the old
one, in rather a hard spot to get to. I'll update when I get back to it.

Emerson project start [email protected] Radio Photos 0 September 30th 07 05:37 PM
FA: Emerson Radio service notes 1955-1959 Jim, N2VX Swap 0 October 24th 04 02:58 AM
FA: Emerson Radio service notes 1955-1959 Jim, N2VX Swap 0 October 22nd 04 03:32 PM
Emerson MBR-1 WShoots1 Shortwave 3 January 7th 04 08:01 AM
Emerson Radio Patrol 2002 JM Scanner 1 October 28th 03 03:36 AM