Old November 22nd 07, 07:01 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default RAR+P participation chart.

From Excel. A couple of ways to graphically represent the RAR+P
participation. Interesting.

Paul P

Attached Thumbnails
RAR+P participation chart.-spirit-2.jpg
Old November 25th 07, 06:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Could you make a graph of the binaries?

I'm curious to see the comparison with the other graph, since it seems like
the fruitcakes can't get to it so easily!

Omer

From Excel. A couple of ways to graphically represent the RAR+P

Old November 26th 07, 11:24 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Omer,

I just took the Google table and copied to an Excel spreadsheet and clicked
on the graph menu buttons. The graph came up quite fast.

I cant remember what post the Google link is in or how to find it on Google.
perhaps you or some one else can let me know what post it was? And I will
look some more.

I will then post one.

Paul P.

"Omer S" wrote in message
Could you make a graph of the binaries?

I'm curious to see the comparison with the other graph, since it seems
like the fruitcakes can't get to it so easily!

Omer

"Paul P" REMOVE paul @ REMOVE ppinyot . REMOVEcom wrote in message
From Excel. A couple of ways to graphically represent the RAR+P

Old November 27th 07, 12:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

I wonder how this data correlates with the appearance of other forums
(audiokarma, antiqueradios)? The r.a.r+p newsgroup is no longer the only
show in town, as it once was.

Phil Nelson

Old November 27th 07, 07:50 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

In article ,
"Phil Nelson" wrote:

I wonder how this data correlates with the appearance of other forums
(audiokarma, antiqueradios)? The r.a.r+p newsgroup is no longer the only
show in town, as it once was.

The r.a.r+p peak occurs in 2003 which I think is well after the
appearance of many older "forums". I checked a couple of older
moderated "forums" and they show a similar peaking effect, also falling
off since 2003, just as with r.a.r+p. I suspect the peaking in r.a.r+p
is not due to local effects, as many believe, but is a global effect
perhaps having to do with the novelty of this general form of
communication having worn off. Or perhaps it is simply due to the
proliferation of groups, with both usenet and the "forums", sharing a
limited number of posters so that there are less posters available to
each group irrespective of whether it is an um moderated usenet group or
an older moderated "forum".

Regards,

John Byrns

Old November 28th 07, 12:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"John Byrns" wrote...
Or perhaps it is simply due to the
proliferation of groups, with both usenet and the "forums", sharing a
limited number of posters so that there are less posters available to
each group irrespective of whether it is an um moderated usenet group or
an older moderated "forum".

That's my guess. More places to talk, and fewer people talking in any
particular group.

Imagine a small town that originally had one tavern. Two new taverns open up
as the town slowly grows (or maybe doesn't grow at all).

Newcomers find some place where they feel comfortable. Some will stay and
others will move on.

Oldtimers may stick with the original, or spread out and find a new place
they like better . . . or just make the rounds once in a while.

Regards,

Phil Nelson

Old November 28th 07, 03:11 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Phil Nelson" wrote in
:

"John Byrns" wrote...
[...]

No offense, Phil, but I left RAR+P because of the acid response
from the DEALERS disguised as individuals on it. There's too
much SELLING going on for a usenet group...too many dealers.

My experience on it is not unique....

Larry
--
Isn't it ironic that the same ISPs that are telling you
you're downloads threaten their networks......
Old November 30th 07, 10:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Phil, My experience only:
I only rarely post, but read a lot.
I have tried the forums, but they are slow and not as easy to sort, so I
only occasionally read them.
I've blocked Skippy no for about a year, so he doesn't keep me away.
I some times like to buy things from FA and FS and WTT posts.
Now for the big part, I have also, because of Usenet, found other groups,
not related to radios that I am interested in. Metal working for one,
pinball for another.
These other usenet groups take my "reading" time up and I don't get to
Radios as much as I used to.

I liken it to, what if your one bar small town now had two hundred bars, all
with a different flavor, a dive bar, a fern bar, a martini bar, etc.... I
occasionally drop in to the radio bar, but I also visit a couple of the
other two hundred bars...... none on a regular basis.

bob in phx.... (where there are lots of bars that I never go to, cause I
don't drink!!!!!!!!!!)

"Phil Nelson" wrote in message
"John Byrns" wrote...
Or perhaps it is simply due to the
proliferation of groups, with both usenet and the "forums", sharing a
limited number of posters so that there are less posters available to
each group irrespective of whether it is an um moderated usenet group or
an older moderated "forum".

That's my guess. More places to talk, and fewer people talking in any
particular group.

Imagine a small town that originally had one tavern. Two new taverns open
up as the town slowly grows (or maybe doesn't grow at all).

Newcomers find some place where they feel comfortable. Some will stay and
others will move on.

Oldtimers may stick with the original, or spread out and find a new place
they like better . . . or just make the rounds once in a while.

Regards,

Phil Nelson

Top 10 Hot AC/Dance Chart Dave Aptheker Broadcasting 0 October 27th 04 05:11 AM
Dance Chart Dave Broadcasting 0 October 21st 04 03:34 AM
More from BBC: "I don't think that women's participation is possible." bubba ho-tep Shortwave 0 October 12th 04 01:51 AM
Dance Chart Dave Broadcasting 0 September 29th 04 04:45 AM
Dance Chart Dave Broadcasting 0 September 16th 04 05:24 AM