Old February 7th 08, 10:00 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default 8G005 instructions and log

For your perusal..

--
Say no to institutionalized interference.
Just say NO to HD/IBOC!

Attached Thumbnails
8G005 instructions and log-8g005-manual_2.jpg  8G005 instructions and log-8g005-manual_3.jpg  8G005 instructions and log-8g005-manual_4.jpg  8G005 instructions and log-8g005-manual_5.jpg  8G005 instructions and log-8g005-manual_6.jpg

8G005 instructions and log-8g005-manual_7.jpg  8G005 instructions and log-8g005-manual_8.jpg  8G005 instructions and log-8g005-manual_1.jpg
Old February 7th 08, 10:25 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Radiorgan? Why don't they just say "tone controls"?

Fascinating. Thanks for posting it.

Old February 7th 08, 10:53 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Radiorgan?

Zenith's marketers delighted in catchy made-up names. WaveMagnet, Split
Second Re-locator, Robot Dial, Tip-Touch Tuning, Goliath Chassis, etc.

Phil

Old February 8th 08, 04:03 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Brenda Ann wrote:
For your perusal..

Thanks for posting these, Brenda.

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but the scan of the title page
(Manual_1.jpg) looks different from the other seven. As it appears on my
screen, it is about 2/3 the width of the others, and only half the
height of the others. It appears that the lower half of the picture is
missing - everything below the 8G005 banner. The file size is also less
than half the size of the others.

Was it scanned or cropped differently? Am I having a download problem?

Thanks

Bill
Old February 8th 08, 04:20 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Bill Jeffrey wrote:

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but the scan of the title page
(Manual_1.jpg) looks different from the other seven. As it appears on my
screen, it is about 2/3 the width of the others, and only half the
height of the others.

Aha! I see the height difference - each of these scans is actually two
bound pages - except the first one. Of course, with the the booklet
closed, it is only one page. But I haven't figured out the width
difference yet.

Bill

Old February 8th 08, 11:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Bill Jeffrey" wrote in message
Bill Jeffrey wrote:

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth, but the scan of the title page
(Manual_1.jpg) looks different from the other seven. As it appears on my
screen, it is about 2/3 the width of the others, and only half the
height of the others.

Aha! I see the height difference - each of these scans is actually two
bound pages - except the first one. Of course, with the the booklet
closed, it is only one page. But I haven't figured out the width
difference yet.

Bill

Try this one.. I've tried my best to rescan/resize and clean up the file.

Attached Thumbnails
8G005 instructions and log-manual1-2.jpg
Old February 10th 08, 03:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Brenda Ann -

Thanks for the rescan. Much better this time, though I'm not exactly
sure why. According to my graphics program, both were scanned (or at
least saved) at 96 dpi, but the first one had considerably fewer pixels
- 640x102 vs 790x124 (almost exactly 6:5 ratio, FWIW).

In addition to the rescan, the cleanup along the bottom edge was welcome
- and the whole thing appears much sharper than the first version.

Thanks again

Bill Jeffrey
-----------------------------------

Old February 10th 08, 08:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Bill Jeffrey" wrote in message
Brenda Ann -

Thanks for the rescan. Much better this time, though I'm not exactly sure
why. According to my graphics program, both were scanned (or at least
saved) at 96 dpi, but the first one had considerably fewer pixels -
640x102 vs 790x124 (almost exactly 6:5 ratio, FWIW).

In addition to the rescan, the cleanup along the bottom edge was welcome -
and the whole thing appears much sharper than the first version.

Thanks again

Bill Jeffrey

I'm at somewhat of a loss as to how the original turned out as it did, too.
I went to the effort of doing a fairly high res scan and resizing it to
match the other scans this time. Just glad I could help.