Old April 7th 08, 12:35 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default I need info on this Crosley TV

including model number, size, weight, service data, etc. Anything anyone
can give (or sell) me would be very appreciated.

Thanks..

--
Say no to institutionalized interference.
Just say NO to HD/IBOC!

Attached Thumbnails
I need info on this Crosley TV-crosley-1.jpg  I need info on this Crosley TV-crosley-2.jpg  I need info on this Crosley TV-crosley-3.jpg  I need info on this Crosley TV-crosley-4.jpg
Attached Images

Old April 7th 08, 03:23 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Jim Menning" wrote in message

Looks like a 1949 Crosley 9-407. Very heavy, solid chassis, huge
transformer. TV and FM radio (continuous tuner). 28 tubes. 12JP4 CRT.
Sam's 66-6.

I can send you the Sam's scan if you'd like.

Is this a electrostatic or electromagnetic scan? Is the tube still available
in case the one in the set is gonzo?

Old April 7th 08, 04:30 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

That's the first TV I've seen with a tuning eye! Pretty cool.

--
Jim Mueller

To get my real email address, replace wrongname with eportiz. Then replace
nospam with sacbeemail.

Old April 7th 08, 05:32 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"Jim Menning" wrote in message

Looks like a 1949 Crosley 9-407. Very heavy, solid chassis, huge
transformer. TV and FM radio (continuous tuner). 28 tubes. 12JP4 CRT.
Sam's 66-6.

I can send you the Sam's scan if you'd like.

Is this a electrostatic or electromagnetic scan? Is the tube still
available in case the one in the set is gonzo?

http://tubedata.itchurch.org/sheets/127/1/12JP4.pdf

Magnetic deflection. Pretty scarce. If bad, Hawkeye can probably
rebuild it, but rebuilding sure isn't as cheap as it used to be.

http://www.hawkeyepicturetube.com/antiquetvtubes.html

I sent the Sam's scan to you, but I see that it's quite large. If it
doesn't make it into your mailbox, let me know.

Jim,

Thanks.

I got the folder(s) and they ran great, am now printing out the pages that
include this set.

I'll cross my fingers that I don't need a new jug... $250 IS a lot for a
monochrome rebuild..

Old April 8th 08, 12:14 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Here's a link to one. Supposedly DuMont built it for Crosley....probably
would be the reason it's built like a battleship...

http://www.vintagetvsets.com/crosley.htm

"Jeffrey D Angus" wrote in message
Brenda Ann wrote:
including model number, size, weight, service data, etc. Anything anyone
can give (or sell) me would be very appreciated.

Thanks..

Neat, I think I have one of those sitting on the counter at the shop.

Send email to stayconnected at la.twcbc.com and remind me to go look.

Jeff

Old April 8th 08, 05:22 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

That's the first TV I've seen with a tuning eye! Pretty cool.

I'm guessing that the tuning eye is there mainly for the sake of the FM
radio.

(In a television, the picture tube is the best "tuning eye" of all :-)

Phil Nelson

Big Crosley done ! Ken G. Radio Photos 5 October 1st 07 03:09 AM
Crosley before Ken G. Radio Photos 1 June 25th 07 05:58 AM
Crosley workbench Ken G. Radio Photos 2 June 8th 07 04:36 AM
Crosley top Ken G. Radio Photos 0 June 8th 07 01:27 AM
Crosley Reado Jay Shortwave 0 March 29th 06 06:31 PM