Old April 7th 08, 01:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default A bit un-p.c. these days.

A bit un - politically correct these days, wouldn't you say? I had to
chuckle when I saw this one. In today's world, it seems to obvious not to
put that comment in print. Back then, it was a different time.

Attached Thumbnails
A bit un-p.c. these days.-dcp03367.jpg
Old April 7th 08, 12:26 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

I'm not sure times have changed that much. Women, in general, are still
brought up to be giggling, brainless morons. (Watch "Ca$h Cab" if you don't
believe me.)

In the context of this photo, the assumption is that women have
substantially less technical background than men (which is still true), so
if a housewife can read and correctly follow the instructions, the kit's
designers have done their job.

Old April 7th 08, 01:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

IMNSHO - It still is not an accurate measure if a man can complete the kit
any easier. I found that most women can follow written instructions much
better than a man. It is like comparing reading a map vs reading a list of
street turn by turn instructions.

PP

. ..

Old April 7th 08, 04:32 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"NotMe" wrote in message
news
A bit un - politically correct these days, wouldn't you say? I had to
chuckle when I saw this one. In today's world, it seems to obvious not to
put that comment in print. Back then, it was a different time.

Women are smarter than we give them credit for.
BH

Old April 7th 08, 04:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"Paul P" REMOVE paul @ REMOVE ppinyot . REMOVEcom wrote in message
newsUoKj.19150$Ah1.5388@trnddc08...
IMNSHO - It still is not an accurate measure if a man can complete the kit
any easier. I found that most women can follow written instructions much
better than a man. It is like comparing reading a map vs reading a list
of street turn by turn instructions.

I'd go along with that.

My mum would always read instructions etc TWICE first before using any new
appliance.

My dad, well with him if all else failed he'd go find the book (usually
still in the box, if not already in the bin!).

Brian
--

Highfields Amateur Radio Club: http://highfields-arc.co.uk

Old April 7th 08, 04:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Brian Hill wrote:
"NotMe" wrote in message
news
A bit un - politically correct these days, wouldn't you say? I had to
chuckle when I saw this one. In today's world, it seems to obvious not to
put that comment in print. Back then, it was a different time.

Women are smarter than we give them credit for.
BH

Men are much smarter than those depicted in the media these days. The
description in the OP is right in line with the general attitude
displayed on sitcoms, TV commercials and many movies; only the gender is
reversed. I can think of any number of examples. We even do it to
ourselves.

jak
Old April 12th 08, 04:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in
message

I'm not sure times have changed that much. Women, in
general, are still brought up to be giggling, brainless
morons. (Watch "Ca$h Cab" if you don't believe me.)

Judging women or any other group by their behavior in public does not
necessarily give the full answer.

I know any number of women who do the giggly bit quite well in public, but
can also be as serious and brainy as they feel the need to be. Similar
concept applies to ethnic and culteral groups - they can act out the
stereotype(s) or not, as required.

The amounts of money and the context of Cash Cab are not enough to make many
people break out of their public facade.

Old April 13th 08, 10:19 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Yes, that's certainly offensive today.

Regarding seeming stupid- yeah, Columbo SEEMED real dumb too, he always got
his way in the end too.

John H.

Old April 17th 08, 03:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Many of our old radios were built by women. Look at the photos of assembly
lines in old radio magazines.

Phil Nelson

Old April 17th 08, 12:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Many of our old radios were built by women. Look at the photos
of assembly lines in old radio magazines.

And these are radios with miswiring, poor solder joints, etc.

I think the reason women do this sort of work is that they have a patience
for it that men lack. And it's being highly skilled labor, so women -- who
have traditionally been paid less -- are hired to do it.

When I worked for Bendix Field Engineering, there was a group of women who
assembled electronic equipment for NASA STDN. They had to take a course in
reliable soldering. I wish I had taken it, but I don't think it was offered
to engineers.

Old CB days Breaker Swap 2 May 24th 07 04:31 PM
One of these days. Very Soon now. Radio Buff General 16 May 27th 06 04:28 AM
two days to go Steve Shortwave 1 January 19th 06 01:06 AM
10 Days to D-Day G1LVN Policy 12 May 18th 05 09:18 PM
FA: Various - Last 2 days Philip de Cadenet Swap 0 December 7th 03 02:55 PM