hy-gain hy-range v hygain hyrange v schematics

Old May 29th 08, 01:03 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
HarryHydro

Default hy-gain hy-range v hygain hyrange v schematics

Hi Folks:
I found this radio at a flea-market and had to buy it. Just $2.
It works anyway.
I put it on a IFR (spectrum analyzer) and it's damn spurious,
especially on one of the sidebands! I shut-it-up a bit with tuning,
and I guess it's down about -40dB of fundimental, but I think it could
be cleaner. AM is clean (better than 50 dB down) but it was touchy to
get it clean. At least the 11.275MHz doubler circuit is very
spurious. I just ordered schematics from Kens Electronics.
I like this old radio. The controls feel very smooth. I have the
crystals about as close to where they need to be, but most of the
crystals are too low. I read on the net that the 4-crystal bank needs
to be tuned 3kc higher than marked. Only one of the four went that
high. I think I can get close to channel-center with the clarifier on
the other bank. The PCB containing the crystals seems to have been
worked on with cut traces and jumpers. I'm thinking someone either
tried to slide it or this is a factory mod. That leads me to thinking
what the difference is between the 674A and 674B.
If anyone has any experience/hints to this radio they'd like to
share, I'd much appreciate it!
Thanks!
Harry

Old June 27th 08, 02:52 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On May 28, 8:03*pm, HarryHydro wrote:
[...]

Hi Harry. I collect Hy-Gain V's! It was my radio of choice awhile
back and now try to pick them up when I see them at ridiculously low
prices. They are too bulky for many people's taste but they are solid
and they last. You seem to know more about radios themselves though.
I don't know for sure but I know you can find Hy-Gain V in both 23 and
40 channel varieties. Perhaps that is the difference between the A
and B models.

Tom

RCA Q36 SCHEMATICS HELP please Heriberto Boatanchors 0 June 2nd 06 08:03 PM
NEED SCHEMATICS! Liberty Valance CB 0 January 6th 05 04:42 AM
Schematics IC-24E Erik Ørving Equipment 0 March 3rd 04 06:48 PM
Schematics IC-24E Erik Ørving Equipment 0 March 3rd 04 06:48 PM
Pro-94 Schematics dwC Scanner 0 January 15th 04 08:48 AM