Anyone know where I can find info?

Old July 12th 08, 01:58 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Brenda Ann

Default Anyone know where I can find info?

First off, I wish to apologize for posting this first in rar+p.. I don't
know where my mind was... but obviously not on what I was doing..

This beastie is a SuperTiger SGT 1100. It's made in Korea, but obviously for
an international market, as everything on it is labeled in English.

I have figured out how to use pretty much everything on it, but the one
thing I don't know is whether the output is working properly. The output
display is supposedly calibrated in dBu. It's not flat across the spectrum,
though some of this could be my o-scope calibration, too. The output drops
off fairly steadily from 100 KHz on up, with the following being rough
estimates of what I could glean from my scope:

100 KHz-34 MHz ~250mV
34 MHz-54 MHz ~230mV
54 MHz-80 MHz ~200mV
80 MHz-97 MHz ~180mV
97 MHz-104 MHz ~160mV
104 MHz-110 MHz ~150mV

These are all with the output turned to max, display stating 99dBu

Using my fairly well calibrated digital CATV signal meter, I get the
following at 107.9 MHz:

99dBu 34.8 dBmV
69dBu 6.2 dBmV
63dBu 0 dBmV
33dBu -30 dBmV (lowest signal level my meter will register)

As you can see, the dB levels seem to track fairly well between the two
scales, but I have no idea whether the actual levels are correct in
reference to one another, or to the voltage level as observed on the o-scope
of unknown calibration.

My Zenith H-845 has full quieting down to about 60dBu, and I can hear the
signal down to about 40dBu, with the output connected directly to the
antenna terminals (perhaps not the best match)

Can anyone supply any information on these? Can anyone supply any sort of
user manual for the thing with the specs in it? I know it's an off brand
from most standpoints, but also know that this sort of gear is often made in
just a few factories and badged for various resellers..

TIA for any information you can supply.

--
Say no to institutionalized interference.
Just say NO to HD/IBOC!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SuperTiger.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	50.3 KB
ID:	512
Old July 12th 08, 04:14 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Ken

Brenda Ann wrote:
[...]

Nice sig gen. Does it have a sweep for FM alignment? Ken
Old July 13th 08, 12:02 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Brenda Ann

"Ken" wrote in message
Nice sig gen. Does it have a sweep for FM alignment? Ken

Doesn't need it. It has actual FM. 400 Hz, 1000 Hz and external modulation,
including full stereo.