Need wire identification for Alliance Rotor motor

Old August 27th 08, 07:55 PM
rebdaniel rebdaniel is offline
Junior Member

Unhappy Need wire identification for Alliance Rotor motor

Saw a previous posting where a user was helped with a different model than mine a couple of years ago.

I've got an Alliance U-110 Tenna Rotor and the schematics are missing for the in house controller. Four terminals, labeled 1-4, no idea how they connect with with the wires. I inherited a system already in use, and the wires which are in place are red, green, black and white. Any ideas about which goes to which terminal?

Sadly uneducated,
RebDaniel
Old August 28th 08, 01:32 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Glenn

Default Need wire identification for Alliance Rotor motor

I just e-mailed you the schematic.
73 de Glenn AA5PK

--
rebdaniel

Old August 28th 08, 02:33 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Ralph Mowery

"rebdaniel" wrote in message

Saw a previous posting where a user was helped with a different model
than mine a couple of years ago.

I've got an Alliance U-110 Tenna Rotor and the schematics are missing
for the in house controller. Four terminals, labeled 1-4, no idea how
they connect with with the wires. I inherited a system already in use,
and the wires which are in place are red, green, black and white. Any
ideas about which goes to which terminal?

Sadly uneducated,
RebDaniel

The wire colors mean nothing. If you can look at the rotator, then the same
number on the rotator goes to the same number on the house unit.

I usually use the colors of the resistor code when wiring up things, just
start with the lowest color wire and go up.
I doubt anyone else does this.

Old August 28th 08, 02:45 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Glenn

"Ralph Mowery" wrote in message
m...

Don't you just hate that ? I do and do not try to send the needed info a
second time to people that will not use a valid email address.

At least get a throw-away Hotmail or Yahoo account :O)

I liked your method of using the resistor color code when attaching colored
wires. I'll have to keep that in mind.
73 de Glenn AA5PK

Old August 28th 08, 02:58 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
greenpjs

On Wed, 27 Aug 2008 19:55:05 +0100, rebdaniel
wrote:

Saw a previous posting where a user was helped with a different model
than mine a couple of years ago.

I've got an Alliance U-110 Tenna Rotor and the schematics are missing
for the in house controller. Four terminals, labeled 1-4, no idea how
they connect with with the wires. I inherited a system already in use,
and the wires which are in place are red, green, black and white. Any
ideas about which goes to which terminal?

Sadly uneducated,
RebDaniel

I used to install U-100's many years ago (a side job while in college)
and remember if you use the included strain relief at the motor end
with a four wire flat cable, the four wires became 1, 2, 4, and 3
because of the way the screw terminals were laid out on the motor.
You, therefore, had to swap the 3rd and 4th wires on the control box.
I always wondered why they did it that way. We had many repair calls
because an owner would disconnect the control box and then reconnect
it the obvious way... wrong. Perhaps they fixed that problem on the
U-110.

Old October 10th 08, 12:55 AM
starmanjb starmanjb is offline
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebdaniel View Post
Saw a previous posting where a user was helped with a different model than mine a couple of years ago.

I've got an Alliance U-110 Tenna Rotor and the schematics are missing for the in house controller. Four terminals, labeled 1-4, no idea how they connect with with the wires. I inherited a system already in use, and the wires which are in place are red, green, black and white. Any ideas about which goes to which terminal?

Sadly uneducated,
RebDaniel
On the rotor body there is a cover plate where the wires connect. Each number on the rotor has a matching number on the controller. Wire number 1 on the rotor goes to 1 on the controller, 2 goes to 2, 3 goes to 3 and 4 to 4.