Alliance U-110 Tenna Rotor Won't Rotate

Old August 28th 08, 10:57 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Techcom

Default Alliance U-110 Tenna Rotor Won't Rotate

I have a Alliance U-110 Tenna Rotor that won't rotate when you turn the
knob on the house control box. The control box just lights up and there's no
pulsing of the rotor. I checked the wiring between the control box and the
antenna rotor and it seems all correct. The only way that I can get it to
work, is by pressing a tab under the control box that's over the number 1 &
2 screws. There's got to be a better way to operate this rotor. I'd picked
another Alliance U-110 House Control Box at a garage sale and tried that
one and came up with the same problem. Does anybody know what the problem
might be? Is it easy to repair? Thank You in your help- Techcom.

Old August 29th 08, 01:15 AM posted to rec.radio.amateur.equipment
Ralph Mowery

"Techcom" wrote in message

I have a Alliance U-110 Tenna Rotor that won't rotate when you turn the
knob on the house control box. The control box just lights up and there's
no pulsing of the rotor. I checked the wiring between the control box and
the antenna rotor and it seems all correct. The only way that I can get it
to work, is by pressing a tab under the control box that's over the number
1 & 2 screws. There's got to be a better way to operate this rotor. I'd
picked another Alliance U-110 House Control Box at a garage sale and
tried that one and came up with the same problem. Does anybody know what
the problem might be? Is it easy to repair? Thank You in your help-
Techcom.

The capacitor usually goes bad in the rotors.
When you press the tab , that is to line up the rotor with the control
indicator. I doubt the rotor is actually turning the antenna.