radio information

Old March 8th 04, 04:39 PM
WJDI

Default radio information

Hi, Did anyone out there hear of a Navy radio transmitter called
a " TED " or (T.E.D.) Please email me at :
thanks Dave Schneider

Old March 8th 04, 06:46 PM
Irv Finkleman

WJDI wrote:

Hi, Did anyone out there hear of a Navy radio transmitter called
a " TED " or (T.E.D.) Please email me at :
thanks Dave Schneider

A little research on the net paid off. The site below was from an early
Canadian destroyer HMCS Haida which has now become a museum. The site gives
a tour of the various radio offices and includes the TEDs and the URR-35
receivers which were paired with them.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/hrc/haida/radio/rrintro.htm
--
--------------------------------------
Diagnosed Type II Diabetes March 5 2001
Old March 8th 04, 07:03 PM
Richard Clark

On Mon, 08 Mar 2004 18:46:05 GMT, Irv Finkleman
wrote:

WJDI wrote:

Hi, Did anyone out there hear of a Navy radio transmitter called
a " TED " or (T.E.D.) Please email me at :
thanks Dave Schneider

A little research on the net paid off. The site below was from an early
Canadian destroyer HMCS Haida which has now become a museum. The site gives
a tour of the various radio offices and includes the TEDs and the URR-35
receivers which were paired with them.

http://www3.sympatico.ca/hrc/haida/radio/rrintro.htm

Hi Irv,

A wonderful sight/site with great photography.

73's
Richard Clark, KB7QHC
Old March 9th 04, 04:37 PM
Richard Harrison

Irv Finkleman wrote:
"A little research on the net paid off."

It sure did. The Radio Research Paper is very interesting. Thank you for
sharing it.

Best regards, Richard Harrison, KB5WZI