Old October 22nd 08, 03:05 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default Farm Radio power supply

This is the power supply I built for a Coronado Model 650A. It should work
for any farm radio needing 90V and 2V battery supplies. The transformer came
from an old Heathkit GR-64 shortwave radio that was parted out.
~Tom

Attached Thumbnails
Farm Radio power supply-coronado-complete-power-supply.jpg
Old October 22nd 08, 06:29 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

On 2008-10-21 20:05:30 -0600, "Gizmofiddler" said:

This is the power supply I built for a Coronado Model 650A. It should work
for any farm radio needing 90V and 2V battery supplies. The transformer came
from an old Heathkit GR-64 shortwave radio that was parted out.
~Tom

image

Better flip D1 around. You're likely to have some caps exploading or
other fireworks if you wire exactly as shown.

You will also not get full isolation from the A / B supplies if that
was a desired feature, judging by your power transformer. You need a
separate winding for the A supply.

Joe

Old October 22nd 08, 02:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

On 2008-10-21 20:05:30 -0600, "Gizmofiddler" said:

This is the power supply I built for a Coronado Model 650A. It should
work
for any farm radio needing 90V and 2V battery supplies. The transformer
came
from an old Heathkit GR-64 shortwave radio that was parted out.
~Tom

image

Better flip D1 around. You're likely to have some caps exploading or
other fireworks if you wire exactly as shown.

You will also not get full isolation from the A / B supplies if that was a
desired feature, judging by your power transformer. You need a separate
winding for the A supply.

Joe

I will check D1 position in the actual working supply. I believe the
windings to be electrically separate in the transformer. I will check that,
too. The basic design DOES work just fine, though. I don't claim to know
everything and any constructive feedback is greatly appreciated.
~Tom