Ferrite antenna/wireless coupler Q's?

Old December 8th 08, 07:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
DougC

Default Ferrite antenna/wireless coupler Q's?

I am curious to make a better AM antenna using one of the monster
ferrite rods sold online. The main radio I plan on using this with has
no AM antenna jack however.

I have seen the little stick-on magnetic couplers sold with some of the
loop and coil antennas--and I am guessing that this is another littler
ferrite rod (which I have one, pulled from a junk radio) but don't know
and can't find anything online that suggests what windings to use.

As a general assumption, how many turns should the antenna rod have, and
how many should the coupler have? Considering that we don't know the
number of windings on the radio's actual AM rod, nor do we know what
level is ideal for the radio's tuner circuit....
?
~
Old December 9th 08, 11:26 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

On Dec 8, 10:19*am, DougC wrote:
I am curious to make a better AM antenna using one of the monster
ferrite rods sold online. The main radio I plan on using this with has
no AM antenna jack however.

I have seen the little stick-on magnetic couplers sold with some of the
loop and coil antennas--and I am guessing that this is another littler
ferrite rod (which I have one, pulled from a junk radio) but don't know
and can't find anything online that suggests what windings to use.

As a general assumption, how many turns should the antenna rod have, and
how many should the coupler have? Considering that we don't know the
number of windings on the radio's actual AM rod, nor do we know what
level is ideal for the radio's tuner circuit....
?
~

DougC,

Thank You for making an On-Topic Shortwave Radio
Related Post here on Rec.Radio.Shortwave ~ RHF
Old December 9th 08, 11:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

On Dec 8, 10:19*am, DougC wrote:
I am curious to make a better AM antenna using one of the monster
ferrite rods sold online. The main radio I plan on using this with has
no AM antenna jack however.

I have seen the little stick-on magnetic couplers sold with some of the
loop and coil antennas--and I am guessing that this is another littler
ferrite rod (which I have one, pulled from a junk radio) but don't know
and can't find anything online that suggests what windings to use.

As a general assumption, how many turns should the antenna rod have, and
how many should the coupler have? Considering that we don't know the
number of windings on the radio's actual AM rod, nor do we know what
level is ideal for the radio's tuner circuit....
?
~

Take a look at the QUANTUM STICK PLUS+
-aka- Q-Stick+ -by- DX Tools .Com
http://dxtools.com/QStick.htm

Also there is the "Quantum Coupler"
http://dxtools.com/QCoupler.htm

Make-Your-Own [DIY] Pocket Radio Coupler :
Just take an ordinary 'little' AM/MW Loop Antenna
http://www.tivoliaudio.com/images/P/ANT1_main.jpg
that comes with many AM& FM Radios connect a
Ground to one-side and an External Antenna that is
about 30~35 Foot long to the other-side and place
the 'little' Loop next to the Pocket AM & FM Radio.

iane ~ RHF

Antenna coupler for 50-900MHz GGap Equipment 5 September 5th 07 05:14 PM
FS Antenna coupler NA Antenna 0 July 26th 06 07:17 PM
FS: COLLINS 180-U-2 ANTENNA COUPLER dt Swap 0 April 7th 04 06:02 PM
FS: COLLINS 180-U-2 ANTENNA COUPLER dt Boatanchors 0 April 7th 04 06:02 PM
FS: COLLINS 180-U-2 ANTENNA COUPLER dt Boatanchors 0 April 1st 04 04:27 AM