Old February 13th 09, 12:59 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default Chassis identification needed

for this Airline Movie Dial. This is a 10 tube chassis, if my addled mind
can remember from when I went to my shop to take these pics. It uses P-P
6F6's and a 6U5 eye tube, among others. I need to find a schematic and
hopefully alignment instructions for it, and there doesn't seem to be a
chassis or model number anywhere on the chassis.

TIA

--
Say no to institutionalized interference.
Just say NO to HD/IBOC!

Old February 13th 09, 10:08 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

On Fri, 13 Feb 2009 21:59:38 +0900, "Brenda Ann"
wrote:

for this Airline Movie Dial.

Do you have the Mallory Radio Service Encyclopedia? If not, list the
tube types used, with the quantity of each type, and I'll look in the
MRSE. I've identified a few mystery chassis that way.

Dale H. Cook, Chief Engineer, Centennial Broadcasting,
Roanoke/Lynchburg, VA - WZZI / WZZU / WLNI / WLEQ
http://plymouthcolony.net/starcity/starcity.html
Old February 13th 09, 11:54 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

wrote:

for this Airline Movie Dial.

Do you have the Mallory Radio Service Encyclopedia? If not, list the
tube types used, with the quantity of each type, and I'll look in the
MRSE. I've identified a few mystery chassis that way.

Dale,

Here's a new pic with tube locations added.

Tube complement is:
6K7 RF Amp
6K7 Mixer
6C5 Oscillator
6K7 1st IF
6K7 2nd IF/Det.*
6C5 1st AF amp
6C5 Phase splitter*
6F6 P-P Audio output
6F6 P-P Audio output
6U5 Tuning indicator
5Z4 Rectifier

* There is some question as to the function of these tubes.

Attached Thumbnails
Chassis identification needed-moviedial2.jpg
Old February 14th 09, 12:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Thanks everyone, especially Ed M., who identified the chassis as belonging
to a 62-261, among others, allowing me to find a schematic on Nostalgia Air.

Rig Identification Juan[_3_] Swap 13 October 2nd 08 06:33 PM
Device identification Fred Homebrew 12 March 12th 04 07:46 PM
inductor identification.. zindazenda Homebrew 0 November 13th 03 11:34 PM
BK-100 Bug Identification Ed Bailen Equipment 0 September 28th 03 04:58 PM
BK-100 Bug Identification Ed Bailen Equipment 0 September 28th 03 04:58 PM