Old May 4th 09, 10:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default "All American Four" Guitar Amp - "aa4.JPG" yEnc (1/1)

Attached Thumbnails
"All American Four" Guitar Amp - "aa4.JPG" yEnc (1/1)-aa4.jpg
Old May 5th 09, 11:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Buck Frobisher wrote:
Hi, Joe.

There are not so many people that can get the binaries any more,
and from what I hear, few of those who do read them do not use yEnc.

I know that if you can post in yEnc, you could also post in regular
jpeg format. Why not stick to that to get the widest audience?

Uh, buck, it IS a jpeg. The "encoding" method is yEnc. What would
be the correct suggestion is that Joe sets the news program to use
either mime or UUENCODE to send the images with.

Jeff
Old May 5th 09, 11:49 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

On 2009-05-05 16:01:13 -0600, Jeffrey D Angus said:

Buck Frobisher wrote:
Hi, Joe.

There are not so many people that can get the binaries any more,
and from what I hear, few of those who do read them do not use yEnc.

I know that if you can post in yEnc, you could also post in regular
jpeg format. Why not stick to that to get the widest audience?

Uh, buck, it IS a jpeg. The "encoding" method is yEnc. What would
be the correct suggestion is that Joe sets the news program to use
either mime or UUENCODE to send the images with.

I'm on OS-X (Mac) using a newsreader called Unison. It will
automatically embed the image within the message, and I cannot see
where there is a setting to change the encoding format. I've sent an
email off to the Unison support people to see how I can change this.

Thanks!

Joe

Old May 6th 09, 05:19 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default yEnc vs MIME encoding

On 2009-05-05 16:01:13 -0600, Jeffrey D Angus said:

Uh, buck, it IS a jpeg. The "encoding" method is yEnc. What would
be the correct suggestion is that Joe sets the news program to use
either mime or UUENCODE to send the images with.

I think there is an issue of learning how this newsreader handles
files. I can upload a file, which apparently is encoded with yEnc.
OR... I can attach a file as part of a message, such as this. This
should be in mime format. Please let me know if otherwise. This is
another guitar amp made with a 50L6 and 12AX7.

Old May 6th 09, 05:50 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

On 2009-05-05 16:01:13 -0600, Jeffrey D Angus said:

Uh, buck, it IS a jpeg. The "encoding" method is yEnc. What would
be the correct suggestion is that Joe sets the news program to use
either mime or UUENCODE to send the images with.

I think there is an issue of learning how this newsreader handles
files. I can upload a file, which apparently is encoded with yEnc.
OR... I can attach a file as part of a message, such as this. This
should be in mime format. Please let me know if otherwise. This is
another guitar amp made with a 50L6 and 12AX7.

[Image]

It came through as a normal .jpg file. The header says "Multi-part
message in MIME format". I can't copy the source and paste it without a
lot of extra steps, but it does work.

Old May 6th 09, 06:16 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

On 2009-05-05 22:50:54 -0600, "Michael A. Terrell"
said:

It came through as a normal .jpg file. The header says "Multi-part
message in MIME format". I can't copy the source and paste it without a
lot of extra steps, but it does work.

Thank you.

Joe

Old May 6th 09, 06:44 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Michael A. Terrell wrote:
It came through as a normal .jpg file. The header says "Multi-part
message in MIME format". I can't copy the source and paste it without a
lot of extra steps, but it does work.

Nods, here's a snippet from the header:
----------------1036932043430841833

Jeff
Old May 6th 09, 01:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

On 2009-05-05 22:50:54 -0600, "Michael A. Terrell"
said:

It came through as a normal .jpg file. The header says "Multi-part
message in MIME format". I can't copy the source and paste it without a
lot of extra steps, but it does work.

Thank you.

You're welcome. Take care.

Old May 7th 09, 12:20 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

It opens like a normal .jpg here, with a very old version of Free
Agent. It says "base64" rather than "uuencoded", that's the only
difference.

Alan
Old May 9th 09, 04:15 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

On Tue, 05 May 2009 09:04:47 -0400, Buck Frobisher wrote:

Hi, Joe.

There are not so many people that can get the binaries any more, and
from what I hear, few of those who do read them do not use yEnc.

I know that if you can post in yEnc, you could also post in regular jpeg
format. Why not stick to that to get the widest audience?

I used to use Thunderbird for newsgroups, but its support for yEnc sucks
big time. However, I now use Pan and that works very well for text and
yEnc/UUencoded data and its free (both "as in beer" and "as in speech").

For Ubuntu LINUX (and a few others) you can install Pan directly from the
system's Package Manager (the prefered option). For other systems where
that is not an option, and for Windows, check out the web site:

http://pan.rebelbase.com/

Regards,
Paul