Looking for easy to use police scanner

Old October 19th 09, 01:19 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
homepc[_2_]

Default Looking for easy to use police scanner

I'm looking for an easy to use 1st police scanner. I'm watching for a deal
on a used Uniden BC246T or BC346XT on ebay. Is the BC346XT worth the extra
bucks for a beginner like me?

Old October 19th 09, 04:10 AM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Douche Bag

On Oct 18, 8:27*pm, The Other Guy wrote:
On Sun, 18 Oct 2009 19:19:47 -0500, "homepc"
wrote:

I'm looking for an easy to use 1st police scanner. *I'm watching for a deal
on a used Uniden BC246T or BC346XT on ebay. *Is the BC346XT worth the extra
bucks for a beginner like me?

The 346 is simply a newer version of the 246, and should NOT cost more
than a new 246.

If you're sure you don't need digital, either of those should *work
just fine.

There is no such thing as a simple scanner any more.
Old October 19th 09, 05:19 PM
n9zas n9zas is offline
Senior Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Douche BAG View Post
wrote:

I'm looking for an easy to use 1st police scanner. *I'm watching for a deal
on a used Uniden BC246T or BC346XT on ebay. *Is the BC346XT worth the extra
bucks for a beginner like me?

The 346 is simply a newer version of the 246, and should NOT cost more
than a new 246.

If you're sure you don't need digital, either of those should *work
just fine.

There is no such thing as a simple scanner any more.
You're right,we just have to be simple operators!
N9ZAS
Old October 21st 09, 06:37 PM posted to rec.radio.scanner
Alex Clayton

"homepc" wrote in message
I'm looking for an easy to use 1st police scanner. I'm watching for a
deal on a used Uniden BC246T or BC346XT on ebay. Is the BC346XT worth the
extra bucks for a beginner like me?

First you need to decide what you want to listen to. Radio reference would
help. You need to find out what kind of systems you want to listen to.
Assuming it's a trunked system and not digital it's not really "hard" but it
can be very trying to first set one up reading the manual. Te manuals always
seem to be written to people that already know how. Places like this and the
Yahoo groups will be a GREAT help here. if you get stuck, help is easy to
find.

--
Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.