Testing Photo Upload

Old April 25th 10, 09:36 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Joe Bento

Default Testing Photo Upload

OK, so people here say that yEnc isn't statndard. Please let me know
if these pictures post properly.

The first two are uranium marbles under black (UV) light. The last
photo is how the marbles appear under normal light.

Joe

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0131.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	66.3 KB
ID:	719  Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0134.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	62.0 KB
ID:	720
Old April 25th 10, 09:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Joe Bento

On 2010-04-25 14:36:00 -0600, Joe Bento said:

OK, so people here say that yEnc isn't statndard. Please let me know
if these pictures post properly.

TEST2

Old April 25th 10, 09:38 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Joe Bento

Old April 25th 10, 09:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Joe Bento

On 2010-04-25 14:36:00 -0600, Joe Bento said:

OK, so people here say that yEnc isn't statndard. Please let me know
if these pictures post properly.

TEST3

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0135.jpg
Views:	387
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	721
Old April 25th 10, 09:39 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Joe Bento

On 2010-04-25 14:36:00 -0600, Joe Bento said:

OK, so people here say that yEnc isn't statndard. Please let me know
if these pictures post properly.

TEST3

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0135.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	767
Old April 25th 10, 10:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Joe Bento

On 2010-04-25 14:52:39 -0600, Brenda Ann said:

Very cool. Are these pure uranium or a blend?

They are uranium glass, or perhaps more commonly known in the States as
Vaseline glass. I don't know the exact content, but apparently this
type of glass will contain from 2 to 25% uranium dioxide.

Decorative figurines as well as marbles are still manufactured today,
though the companies that make this stuff are regulated due to the
uranium content. While there is no danger in handling th glass, I've
heard varying opinions regarding the safety of using dishes made of
this glass for food.

I own a geiger counter, but it does not detect alpha particles, which
is what these marbles would emit.

Joe

Old April 25th 10, 10:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Joe Bento

Old April 25th 10, 10:07 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
PeterD

On Sun, 25 Apr 2010 14:36:00 -0600, Joe Bento
wrote:

OK, so people here say that yEnc isn't statndard. Please let me know
if these pictures post properly.

The first two are uranium marbles under black (UV) light. The last
photo is how the marbles appear under normal light.

Joe

The two images of whatever those things are view fine using Agent...

Old April 25th 10, 10:21 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Joe Bento

wrote:

OK, so people here say that yEnc isn't statndard. Please let me know
if these pictures post properly.

The first two are uranium marbles under black (UV) light. The last
photo is how the marbles appear under normal light.

Joe

The two images of whatever those things are view fine using Agent...

Radioactive marbles! :-)

Joe

Need a site that allows you to upload and share mp3 for SW recordings SC Dxing Shortwave 0 December 16th 08 04:06 AM
Upload from Digipan to LoTW: invalid mode Goog Digital 2 April 3rd 07 01:50 PM
qsl photo help?? ml General 2 June 6th 05 10:49 AM
Request: Could Someone Tell Me How To Upload Files ? tnx, 73 Dennis Dennis Homebrew 1 November 27th 04 10:28 PM
can't upload to Pro92 scanner using purple cable and Win92 cc Scanner 3 May 17th 04 06:52 PM