Old July 23rd 10, 10:47 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Default Is anyone there ?

Is this NG still working ? I have not seen any new posts for 10 days now.
Usually the problem is with my server ( news.virginmedia.com ) failing to
update regularly.
Usenet is an old system, but nevertheless it is a good system, you don't
have to sign up for a forum
and there are excellent posts in the binary groups.
I know that, sadly many ISPs do not support Usenet Groups.
However, may I suggest that all subscribers try to introduce as many friends
as possible to Usenet since there is always something for all tastes among
the 100,000 or so groups, also contact ISPs regarding the importance of
keeping Usenet support.

Mike, Lincoln, UK.

--
"The secret of a good job is in the quality of the swear words used !"

Old July 25th 10, 11:52 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
ajb ajb is offline

Default Yes (Is anyone there ?)

McMichael MS367

TTFN

Anthony

--
Just because I'm paranoid, that doesn't mean they're not out to get me...

Attached Thumbnails
Is anyone there ?-wireless1.jpg
Old July 25th 10, 04:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

Mike the Brewer wrote:
Is this NG still working ? I have not seen any new posts for 10 days now.
Usually the problem is with my server ( news.virginmedia.com ) failing to
update regularly.
Usenet is an old system, but nevertheless it is a good system, you don't
have to sign up for a forum
and there are excellent posts in the binary groups.
I know that, sadly many ISPs do not support Usenet Groups.
However, may I suggest that all subscribers try to introduce as many friends
as possible to Usenet since there is always something for all tastes among
the 100,000 or so groups, also contact ISPs regarding the importance of
keeping Usenet support.

Mike, Lincoln, UK.

Yep, been quiet lately. I am just admiring the old stuff, but I have
no suitable contributions, so where are all those collectors??????.
Old August 23rd 10, 06:26 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

prettyinpink wrote:

-
Yep, been quiet lately. I am just admiring the old stuff, but I have
no suitable contributions, so where are all those collectors??????.

I had just sign up for account here. I saw a joke that a friend use on
his fb that was the same here on this forum. I really not sure what to
do here. There is no chit chat lounge or just a off topic thread. I
really no nothing about radiobanter. It seem like nobody has made any
threads to reply to. What can i do here on this forum?

Show pics of the inside and outside of old(antique)
radios/recordplayers/tape(wire) recorders?
Old August 23rd 10, 10:56 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
ajb ajb is offline

Show pics of the inside and outside of old(antique)
radios/recordplayers/tape(wire) recorders?

A McMichael portable c.1929 (?) English, in fibreboard case but no
lightweight. Ripe for restoration. Evidence of somewhat frantic early
"repair". 2V accumulator, 90v HT, separate grid bias battery for output
triode. Moving-iron 'speaker. A bit cheap and not very cheerful. MW/LW,
two side scales have the station names, the top scale gives
wavelength/frequency. complicated dial stringing. The "volume" control
is in the cathode potentiometer network. Contemporary '30s trade
journals listed this model as "a disappointment" for this maker.

TTFN

Anthony

Old August 24th 10, 09:18 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio

"ajb" wrote in message

Show pics of the inside and outside of old(antique)
radios/recordplayers/tape(wire) recorders?

A McMichael portable c.1929 (?) English, in fibreboard case but no
lightweight. Ripe for restoration. Evidence of somewhat frantic early
"repair". 2V accumulator, 90v HT, separate grid bias battery for output
triode. Moving-iron 'speaker. A bit cheap and not very cheerful. MW/LW,
two side scales have the station names, the top scale gives
wavelength/frequency. complicated dial stringing. The "volume" control
is in the cathode potentiometer network. Contemporary '30s trade
journals listed this model as "a disappointment" for this maker.

TTFN

Anthony

--
Just because I'm paranoid, that doesn't mean they're not out to get me...

Wow, that's a beauty! Well, in terms of a 1929 radio at least Thanks
for posting it!