Pixel Technologies "AM-2" Ultimate AM Broadcast Band Antenna

Old November 13th 10, 06:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

Default Pixel Technologies "AM-2" Ultimate AM Broadcast Band Antenna

Newer & Smaller 25"
Pixel Technologies "AM-2" Ultimate AM Broadcast Band Antenna
http://store.xmfanstore.com/pixel-te...tenna-am1.html

SPEC SHEET Ultimate AM Broadcast Band Antenna (Model AM-2)
-by- Pixel Technologies
http://www.pixelsatradio.com/PDF/AM-2_Cut_Sheet.pdf

Older & Larger 38"
Pixel "AM-1" High Gain Amplified AM Loop Antenna
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0036ZHPIQ
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B0036ZHPIQ
http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp...0Antennas&sku=
?another?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004AFQD5C

Anyone using either of these AM Loop Antennas ?

How do they perform ?

i want to know ~ RHF
Old November 14th 10, 12:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 10:42:40 -0800 (PST), RHF
wrote:

Newer & Smaller 25"
Pixel Technologies "AM-2" Ultimate AM Broadcast Band Antenna
http://store.xmfanstore.com/pixel-te...tenna-am1.html

SPEC SHEET Ultimate AM Broadcast Band Antenna (Model AM-2)
-by- Pixel Technologies
http://www.pixelsatradio.com/PDF/AM-2_Cut_Sheet.pdf

Older & Larger 38"
Pixel "AM-1" High Gain Amplified AM Loop Antenna
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0036ZHPIQ
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B0036ZHPIQ
http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp...0Antennas&sku=
?another?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004AFQD5C

Anyone using either of these AM Loop Antennas ?

How do they perform ?

i want to know ~ RHF
.

Using this antenna - 3 ft version:

http://www.angelfire.com/mb/amandx/loop.html

12 turns #12 spaced .4 in. center to center apart w pickup loop 2 in.
from main loop. Will not overload my SDR. Tunes approx. 380 kHz to 2.1
MHz - top freq. depending on how much coax you feed it with. I used #
12 because I already had 2000 ft. Cost about 15 bucks for wood and
capacitor.

If you buy an amplified loop make sure it has a gain adjustment or it
will probably overload the radio.

Jim(MI)
Old November 14th 10, 12:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Smith

On 11/13/2010 10:42 AM, RHF wrote:
Newer& Smaller 25"
Pixel Technologies "AM-2" Ultimate AM Broadcast Band Antenna
http://store.xmfanstore.com/pixel-te...tenna-am1.html

SPEC SHEET Ultimate AM Broadcast Band Antenna (Model AM-2)
-by- Pixel Technologies
http://www.pixelsatradio.com/PDF/AM-2_Cut_Sheet.pdf

Older& Larger 38"
Pixel "AM-1" High Gain Amplified AM Loop Antenna
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0036ZHPIQ
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B0036ZHPIQ
http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp...0Antennas&sku=
?another?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004AFQD5C

Anyone using either of these AM Loop Antennas ?

How do they perform ?

i want to know ~ RHF
.

Give me a 10 foot chunk of copper tubing, a variable capacitor, some
wire and a plastic junction box and I can make one a heck of a lot
cheaper than $329.99 ...

Regards,
JS

Old November 14th 10, 01:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann[_2_]

wrote in message
On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 10:42:40 -0800 (PST), RHF
wrote:

Newer & Smaller 25"
[...]

Pretty sure Angelfire went bye-bye some time ago. I used to have a website
there back in the day, but they closed all their sites, IIRC.

Old November 14th 10, 02:11 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 10:05:19 +0900, "Brenda Ann"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 10:42:40 -0800 (PST), RHF
wrote:

Newer & Smaller 25"
[...]

It looks like its angelfire.lycos.com now but the web site link
still checks out here as is.

Jim
Old November 14th 10, 02:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann[_2_]

wrote in message
On Sun, 14 Nov 2010 10:05:19 +0900, "Brenda Ann"
wrote:

wrote in message
. ..
On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 10:42:40 -0800 (PST), RHF
wrote:

Newer & Smaller 25"
[...]

All I get is a 404 error page.

Old November 14th 10, 02:52 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Angelfire.
http://www.angelfire.com/md2/Ldotvets
cuhulin

Old November 14th 10, 03:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Using this antenna - 3 ft version:

http://www.angelfire.com/mb/amandx/loop.html

12 turns #12 spaced .4 in. center to center apart w pickup loop 2 in.
from main loop. Will not overload my SDR. Tunes approx. 380 kHz to 2.1
MHz - top freq. depending on how much coax you feed it with. I used #
12 because I already had 2000 ft. Cost about 15 bucks for wood and
capacitor.

If you buy an amplified loop make sure it has a gain adjustment or it
will probably overload the radio.

Jim(MI)

Pretty sure Angelfire went bye-bye some time ago. I used to have a website
there back in the day, but they closed all their sites, IIRC.

It looks like its angelfire.lycos.com now but the web site link
still checks out here as is.

Jim

All I get is a 404 error page.

Here's a decent looking kit version of this type of loop:
http://www.radiointel.com/review-amloop.htm

http://www.mtmscientific.com

Jim
Old November 14th 10, 11:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sat, 13 Nov 2010 10:42:40 -0800 (PST), RHF
wrote:

Newer & Smaller 25"
Pixel Technologies "AM-2" Ultimate AM Broadcast Band Antenna
http://store.xmfanstore.com/pixel-te...tenna-am1.html

SPEC SHEET Ultimate AM Broadcast Band Antenna (Model AM-2)
-by- Pixel Technologies
http://www.pixelsatradio.com/PDF/AM-2_Cut_Sheet.pdf

Older & Larger 38"
Pixel "AM-1" High Gain Amplified AM Loop Antenna
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0036ZHPIQ
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/images/B0036ZHPIQ
http://www.solidsignal.com/pview.asp...0Antennas&sku=
?another?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004AFQD5C

Anyone using either of these AM Loop Antennas ?

How do they perform ?

i want to know ~ RHF
.

Here's a site with a remote tuner for a loop (how to build):
http://thorburn.org/gary/loop/

Jim
Old November 15th 10, 12:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John Smith

On 11/14/2010 3:19 PM, wrote:

Here's a site with a remote tuner for a loop (how to build):
http://thorburn.org/gary/loop/

Jim

The expensive pixel loop is "shielded", don't forget. You are going to
have to shield the turns and stop local electrical field noise pickup,
hence, the length of copper tubing I mentioned ... aluminum could work ...

If you want a VERY close to exact copy ... somehow, I think most have
missed that.

Regards,
JS