MicroDEM

Old October 14th 11, 02:21 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
George Csahanin

Default MicroDEM

Bill, don't know if you got an answer or not, but just saw your note, and
though I would have sworn it would combine gz filed I just tried it and it
errored on combining two adjacent dem.gz files but after uncompressing
combined them fine.

I use gunzip for uncompressing.

Also, mine identifies as version 10.0 build in 2006. Version 7 may be too
old, I think they kept developing after the author retired. I may be
confusing this with another free package, but I'm pretty sure that's it. In
fact I need to upgrade.

GeorgeC
W2DB

"Bill Ogden" wrote in message
I am trying to use HFTA (from the 20th Edition Antenna Book) and am a
little confused in the MicroDEM stage. I downloaded two DEM.gz files and
placed them in C:\mapdata\DEMs\xxxxx.gz and yyyyy.gz. (I need two files
because I am located near a boundary.) Should these gz files be expanded
before using? How?

----

The MicroDEM setup instructions (page 31) say to click on the "Weapons
fan" icon. I do not see this icon on the MICRODEM 7.0 window. Also, at
this point, should I be seeing a map?

I am a little confused about the next step.

Bill
W2WO

Old October 14th 11, 06:50 PM posted to rec.radio.amateur.antenna
George Csahanin[_3_]

Just checked my version 12 here in the office and it will combine zipped
DEMs.

Version 10 at home would not.

FileData ManipulationMergeDemsDems--Pick Multiple

And select the two you want.

Afetr the merge is over you can give the merged file a name.

Their download page:
http://www.usna.edu/Users/oceano/pgu...crodemdown.htm

GeorgeC