General Television - Model PA-5 (back cover).jpg

Old February 2nd 14, 05:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Chester Copperpot

Default General Television - Model PA-5 (back cover).jpg

One of the reasons I didn't like it was because of this crazy looking
line cord with 4 conductors. You can see where a previous owner taped
a home-made tube layout on the back.

Old February 5th 14, 03:21 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Joe Bento[_2_]

On 2/2/2014 9:23 AM, Chester Copperpot wrote:
One of the reasons I didn't like it was because of this crazy looking
line cord with 4 conductors. You can see where a previous owner taped
a home-made tube layout on the back.

It looks like the antenna for this radio is one of those odd conductors
in the power cord. I've done something similar myself by wrapping a few
turns of wire around the AC cord. If the integrity of the insulation is
good, this is safe, as that odd conductor is not connected to the AC
line, just capacity coupled for an antenna.

Attached is my prerequisite cat, Venus. She is trying to prevent me
from leaving on my annual pilgrimage to the Dayton Hamvention. :-)

Joe, N6DGY

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	venus_dayton.jpg
Views:	1954
Size:	48.3 KB
ID:	916
Old February 5th 14, 06:49 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
jimmy mac

In article ,
Joe Bento wrote:

On 2/2/2014 9:23 AM, Chester Copperpot wrote:
One of the reasons I didn't like it was because of this crazy looking
line cord with 4 conductors. You can see where a previous owner taped
a home-made tube layout on the back.

It looks like the antenna for this radio is one of those odd conductors
in the power cord. I've done something similar myself by wrapping a few
turns of wire around the AC cord. If the integrity of the insulation is
good, this is safe, as that odd conductor is not connected to the AC
line, just capacity coupled for an antenna.

Attached is my prerequisite cat, Venus. She is trying to prevent me
from leaving on my annual pilgrimage to the Dayton Hamvention. :-)

Joe, N6DGY

[Image]

She looks like my cat.

--
jimmymac

spell usenet backward for email
Old February 8th 14, 07:01 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Joe Bento[_2_]

On 2/4/2014 10:49 PM, jimmy mac wrote:
In article ,
Joe Bento wrote:

On 2/2/2014 9:23 AM, Chester Copperpot wrote:
One of the reasons I didn't like it was because of this crazy looking
line cord with 4 conductors. You can see where a previous owner taped
a home-made tube layout on the back.

It looks like the antenna for this radio is one of those odd conductors
in the power cord. I've done something similar myself by wrapping a few
turns of wire around the AC cord. If the integrity of the insulation is
good, this is safe, as that odd conductor is not connected to the AC
line, just capacity coupled for an antenna.

Attached is my prerequisite cat, Venus. She is trying to prevent me
from leaving on my annual pilgrimage to the Dayton Hamvention. :-)

Joe, N6DGY

[Image]

She looks like my cat.

Well, post an image. :-)

Joe, N6DGY

Old February 9th 14, 07:46 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
jimmy mac

Joe Bento wrote:

On 2/2/2014 9:23 AM, Chester Copperpot wrote:
One of the reasons I didn't like it was because of this crazy looking
line cord with 4 conductors. You can see where a previous owner taped
a home-made tube layout on the back.

It looks like the antenna for this radio is one of those odd conductors
in the power cord. I've done something similar myself by wrapping a few
turns of wire around the AC cord. If the integrity of the insulation is
good, this is safe, as that odd conductor is not connected to the AC
line, just capacity coupled for an antenna.

Attached is my prerequisite cat, Venus. She is trying to prevent me
from leaving on my annual pilgrimage to the Dayton Hamvention. :-)

Joe, N6DGY

[Image]

She looks like my cat.

Well, post an image. :-)

Joe, N6DGY

Unfortunately I do not have the equipment to do that.

Old February 10th 14, 02:51 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
Bill M[_5_]

jimmy mac wrote:

Joe Bento wrote:

[...]

Thats an unusual response to be posting on a "pictures" newsgroup. What
equipment are you lacking?

-B
Old February 12th 14, 07:42 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.radio
jimmy mac

In article ,
Bill M wrote:

jimmy mac wrote:

Joe Bento wrote:

[...]

All I have is an old computer which I will be forced to replaced soon.