Problems with my Lincoln (HR2510)

Old October 14th 03, 05:20 PM
Mati R

Default Problems with my Lincoln (HR2510)

Greetings to all!
I am sorry for the length of the message but please read it!

I am having some problems with my President Lincoln (Uniden HR2510): it
won't transmit! When I press the PTT button, the TX icon appears on the LCD,
but that's all! It is still receiving and nothing happens.
Now the second problem: one day I turned it on, and a horrible loud noise
came from the speaker. I turned it off immediately. Now every time I turn
the radio on, it draws as much as 2A for about a second, and then then the
current draw drops to 1,5A (still too much) and a quiet tone can be heard. I
found out that the TDA1905 chip is getting extremely hot very quickly - so
this may be the cause of the sound problem, and I hope that replacing the
chip will solve it. But there still is the TX problem that I can't solve.
Maybe you have experienced something like that. Please help!

Matt )

Old October 14th 03, 11:18 PM
Twistedhed

From: (Mati=A0R)
Greetings to all!
I am sorry for the length of the message but

please read it!

I am having some problems with my President
Lincoln (Uniden HR2510): it won't transmit!

When I press the PTT button, the TX icon

appears on the LCD, but that's all! It is still

receiving and nothing happens.

_
Did you hook it up to a meter?
What did it say? What type antenna are you using? Check your
connections, including the mic connection. Have you tried switching
mics?
_

Now the second problem: one day I turned it

on, and a horrible loud noise came from the

speaker. I turned it off immediately. Now every
time I turn the radio on, it draws as much as

2A for about a second, and then then the

current draw drops to 1,5A (still too much) and
a quiet tone can be heard. I found out that the

TDA1905 chip is getting extremely hot very

quickly - so this may be the cause of the

sound problem, and I hope that replacing the

chip will solve it. But there still is the TX

problem that I can't solve. Maybe you have

experienced something like that. Please help!

=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0Matt )

_
I have experienced exactly what you described concerning the
non-apparent transmit,,in fact, the results were identical. Poor
solders, crimp-ons, couplers, jumpers, coax, tuner, etc., and of course,
the antenna system can duplicate this problem. Since the radio is acting
up in other ways, I'm certain one of our whiz bang techs can steer you
in the right direction.

Old October 15th 03, 07:16 AM
Radioman

I'd say it sounds like a bad capacitor in the audio section.
Seems like a common problem for 2510/2600/Lincoln/HTX-100 series.
Old October 17th 03, 12:34 AM
Loup1962

what do you want for it?