Highway Zapper

Old May 23rd 04, 10:35 PM
kelmark

Default Highway Zapper

I want highway zapper, I saw one at hamfest 10-15 years ago and didnt
pick it up and have been kicking myself every since; does any one know
where I can find one buildt or a NOS kit, please email me

cohotts
Old May 24th 04, 10:52 AM
dxAce

Dwayne wrote:

In article ,
says...
I want highway zapper, I saw one at hamfest 10-15 years ago and didnt
pick it up and have been kicking myself every since; does any one know
where I can find one buildt or a NOS kit, please email me

cohotts

What is a highway zapper? Is it the thing that sets off peoples radar
detectors (I have one and it is a blast) or is it the thing that blocks
police radar?

If I recall they were selling small Gunnplexers (?) and all one had to do
was hook up a 9 volt battery to them with a switch.

Hook it up, aim it out your windshield, trigger the switch and watch all the
red lights come on as folks hit their brakes.

Steve
Holland, MI

Old May 24th 04, 01:07 PM
Nelson

Don't come to Ontario Canada with that thing, you get nicked, you go to jail
for about 2 years. Oh radar detectors in Ontario are not allowed either.

"dxAce" wrote in message

Dwayne wrote:

In article ,
says...

Old May 24th 04, 06:07 PM
Mike Y

"kelmark" wrote in message
om...
I want highway zapper, I saw one at hamfest 10-15 years ago and didnt
pick it up and have been kicking myself every since; does any one know
where I can find one buildt or a NOS kit, please email me

cohotts

You mean the little thing to play 'trolling for taillights' or
'nerdherding'??

There's a few sites that sell microwave communicators. Check them out.

Mike

Old May 24th 04, 07:51 PM
kilmister

a microwave tranmitter is illegal in ontario? buy a microwave motion
detector, mount it under the bumper, bring your switch up to the drivers
switch. can't see this being illegal, it's part of my car alarm.

"Nelson" wrote in message
Don't come to Ontario Canada with that thing, you get nicked, you go to

jail
for about 2 years. Oh radar detectors in Ontario are not allowed either.

"dxAce" wrote in message

Dwayne wrote:

In article ,
says...

Old June 9th 04, 12:18 AM
nctrnlone

Wish I could help ya but those things are incredibly hard to find. I bought
mine (preassembled) years & years ago from "The edge company"... they ,of
course no longer sell them. If i had known how valuable they were going to
be I would have bought a bunch of em instead of just one! Seems that the
origional makers of the highway zapper were kindly threatened by the FCC
to stop making them.
Here is a pic of one you can use to post on other forums to aid in your
search.

And here is the one I own. It has seen much use over the years.

I had to modify the switch because I didnt like the pushbutton switch.

If the above pics dont work then just type in the url into your address
bar on your browser.

I wish you luck!