FA: Heathkit Balun Coil Set, model B-1

Old December 31st 03, 08:31 PM
LJ

Default FA: Heathkit Balun Coil Set, model B-1

FA: Heathkit Balun Coil Set, model B-1. 1950's vintage, for HF ham bands.

Here's the URL:

Old December 31st 03, 11:44 PM
William Warren

"LJ" wrote in message
om...
FA: Heathkit Balun Coil Set, model B-1. 1950's vintage, for HF ham

bands.

Here's the URL:

Power rating?

Ratio?

Connectors?

Old January 1st 04, 09:40 PM
Ray

William Warren wrote:
"LJ" wrote in message
om...

FA: Heathkit Balun Coil Set, model B-1. 1950's vintage, for HF ham

bands.

Here's the URL:

Power rating?

Ratio?

Connectors?

The manuel says rated at 250 watts transmitter input power, so I would
guess that would mean about 200 watts output. I've run 500 watts output
into the set I am using and had no heating or arcing. Remember, when
they rated something years ago, they were usually very conservative and
these are open air coils - there is no core.

Ratio can be set for 1:1 or 4:1 by minor rewiring. I've always run them
at 4:1 and fed ladder line.

Input is a PL259, output is two ceramic feed through terminals with nuts.

I have two of the units and wouldn't give them up for anything.