fake knockoff sharpie marker markers

Old May 4th 04, 07:15 AM
jack smith

Default fake knockoff sharpie marker markers

i was at a flea market recently, i found a bin of sharpie permanent
marker packages, a big pack of 12 all different rainbow colors, i
bought a pack, when i got home i realised that these were chinese
knock offs. the markers look almost exactly like the regular sharpie,
only where it says SANFORD on the normal markers, it says HENGBAD or
HENGBAO. heres the funny part, all the markers are labeled made in
china, but on the back of the package, is a copy of the real sanford
package including "MADE IN THE USA" markings and sanfords address and
guarantee
includes barcode (GEE I WONDER IF IT IS EVEN THE SAME BARCODE?)
6-931822-233328

this is so funny!!! anybody else ever seen convincing knockoffs?
Old May 4th 04, 08:06 AM
Matt

On Mon, 03 May 2004 23:15:51 -0700, jack smith wrote:

i was at a flea market recently, i found a bin of sharpie permanent
marker packages, a big pack of 12 all different rainbow colors, i
bought a pack, when i got home i realised that these were chinese
knock offs. the markers look almost exactly like the regular sharpie,
only where it says SANFORD on the normal markers, it says HENGBAD or
HENGBAO. heres the funny part, all the markers are labeled made in
china, but on the back of the package, is a copy of the real sanford
package including "MADE IN THE USA" markings and sanfords address and
guarantee
includes barcode (GEE I WONDER IF IT IS EVEN THE SAME BARCODE?)
6-931822-233328

this is so funny!!! anybody else ever seen convincing knockoffs?

When I was leaving Tom's Restaurant one day in NYC I saw a guy yelling
"Duracell! Duracell!" and he was selling batteries. It was like 15 AA
batteries for $3 or something like that. I walk over to the table and
indeed he was selling batteries with the "copper top", except these were
Durasell batteries. At that point I quickly walked away.

There's also the nice Oakley sunglass that can be found in Times Square
for $5 and the $10 Louis Vitton handbags. I also bought a DaVanci watch
once and it was even pretty nice.

-Matt
Old May 4th 04, 09:21 AM
GBrown

At a flea market and ran across a bunch of Mavado watches. A closer look
told me these werent the real things. I asked the seller if they were real,
his reply, know one will know the differance. As I slowly raised my left
shirt sleeve, I replyed, "I WILL".
Gary
news

Old May 4th 04, 10:13 AM
Perry Friedman

As opposed to REAL knockoff marker markers? And what is a marker marker
anyhow? A marker used to mark other markers?

Perry
Old May 4th 04, 11:27 AM
Steve

Maybe you should contact Sanford. Maybe they would want your pack
for some kind of proof and send you a case of markers as thanks.
You never know.

Old May 4th 04, 06:28 PM
Daxonovitch

I've always found the "Ronex" watch brand pretty convincing, complete
with glow in the dark hour stickers pasted on, usually askew.