Sony ICF 2003 - need info please

Old February 3rd 05, 10:22 PM
NY Gal

Default Sony ICF 2003 - need info please

Hi There,

If anyone has a SONY ICF 2003, I could use some help with a few things.

1. I can't find my manual and though it's a reasonably simple radio to
operate, I forgot what the "Standby" button is for.

2. I've also forgotten how to use the "band" button.

3. I've forgotten how to set scan ranges - or can't I do that at all?

If anyone can help, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks in advance.

NY Gal
Old February 4th 05, 03:16 PM
Stephan Grossklass

NY Gal schrieb:

Hi There,

If anyone has a SONY ICF 2003, I could use some help with a few things.

1. I can't find my manual and though it's a reasonably simple radio to
operate, I forgot what the "Standby" button is for.

2. I've also forgotten how to use the "band" button.

You're lucky, there's an electronic version of the manual available at:
http://www.iq.sony.com/srvs/sosdocs/default.asp
(Enter "ICF-7600D".)

3. I've forgotten how to set scan ranges - or can't I do that at all?

IIRC only the old ICF-2001 supported this, while later models scanned
inside predefined bands.

Stephan
--
Meine Andere Seite: http://stephan.win31.de/
PC#6: i440BX, 2xP3-500E, 704 MiB, 18+80 GB, R9k AGP 64 MiB, 110W
Old February 4th 05, 09:55 PM
New York Gal

Stephan,

Thank you so much! I actually searched that page but kept entering ICF-2003
and it said nothing was available. I never would have known to enter
ICF-7600D! I really appreciate the help!

NY Gal

Old February 5th 05, 04:27 AM
Mark

"Stephan Grossklass" wrote in message
IIRC only the old ICF-2001 supported this, while later models scanned
inside predefined bands.

The ICF-2010 / ICF2001D also supports user-defined scan memories and search
bands.

Mark.
Auckland
New Zealand.

Freeband & Ham Scott (Unit 69) CB 5 November 11th 03 04:05 PM
ARNewsline 1358 - Aug 22 2003 Radionews CB 0 August 24th 03 04:38 PM
HFpack Shootout 2003 Pacificon Expeditionradio Antenna 0 August 21st 03 10:23 PM
Amateur Radio Newsline™ Report 1353 – July 18, 2003 Radionews CB 0 July 19th 03 05:16 PM
ARNewsline 1352 - July 11 2003 Radionews CB 0 July 11th 03 05:28 PM