FS: Alliance HD-73-1 Rotators - Heavy Duty

Old June 12th 05, 05:01 AM
[email protected]

Default FS: Alliance HD-73-1 Rotators - Heavy Duty

FS: From a local ham radio estate sale. Two - Alliance model HD-73-1
Heavy Duty Antenna Rotators. Both appear to be new, never used. One of
the control boxes still has the cord coiled up as if it was just taken
out of the box. Both have the optional sets of upper mast clamps and
lower mast clamps, which also appear to be new. I think that the
previous owner must have used a few more of these rotors, as there are
also a few extra mast clamp pieces, as well - some used, some new, but
none of the U-bolts, or other mounting hardware. Original Manuals are
included with each.

These rotators have a two-speed desktop control box - fast and a
"pinpoint slower speed". They use a six wire cable between the motor
unit and the control box (not supplied.) They can handle antennas with
a maximum of 10.7 square feet of wind load area. They can be mounted
inside of a tower, or on top of a tower or mast. A mast mounting size
of 1-3/8" O.D to 2-1/2" O.D. can be used.

There were also some various CDE/Telix Hy-Gain rotators at this sale -
TR4A, AR-33, Ham II, Ham IV, and Tailtwister, which will be listed
later. Some were used, some new (the T2X), and the Ham IV still has the
invoice/paperwork from Hy-Gain showing the reconditioning work done to
it.

These Alliance rotors typically go for around $400+ with the clamp sets
from some of the rotator repair/sales places. These will go for $225
each plus shipping. I can provide .jpg pictures via email.